Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #1

Tv inop

On my 05 HR, TV worked fine this morning. came in this evening, no TV (although the power light lights up on the TV but nothing else works, no pic, no sound) and maybe by coincidense, the porch light went out at the same time). Think they are connected or just happenstance? Think the TV just died? Back TV works fine.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Doubt seriously that the porch light and the front TV have anything to do with each other. The TV is 120vac and the light is 12vdc. If there was a "common" problem, there would be a lot more things not working. You didn't perchance have the ignition sw. on for another reason?

H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3

No not that I am aware of. I left and my wife stayed at the mh. I came back in about hour and half. Later that night she tried to turn on the tv but all that came on was the power light. Tv would not even turn off, I had to turn the inverter off to get the power light to go off. The tv is just seven years old and has few hours but not many.

I turned the ignition switch on then back off but it did not change anything.

Could the inverter going bad do this? How can I check it?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #4

I am taking it that the TV is gone and stop hitting my head against the wall. I will pull this one out (old analog) and replace it with an LED.

Any suggestions on pulling the old one out? Never done this before. Looks like there may be access in the back.

thanks to all...
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Good move replacing it with an LED set.

You didn't happen to have lightning in the area though, did you?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #6

no, my wife stated it has been taking longer for it to come on. we are on vacation and would like to get this changed out asap.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hard Reset

If you're looking for reason to replace it <wink wink> now you've got it. But if you might want to keep it try doing a 'hard reset'. If you don't still have the owners manual for the TV you can probably find the reset procedure online.

Should you decide to replace it with an LED TV you're in for am expense and quite a bit of work to adjust the cabinetry to accept the different dimension of a 16X9 ratio TV.

I've done 4 so far. My advice: LG or Samsung. Don't scrimp on the mount. You might consider a mount that supports up to 4X the weight of the TV, and make sure you have a way to un-mount the TV easily.

I posted pictures and details of my 2 latest installs in this forum.

Good Luck!
Muddypaws
Old 07-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Should you decide to replace it with an LED TV you're in for am expense and quite a bit of work to adjust the cabinetry to accept the different dimension of a 16X9 ratio TV.
Good Luck!
Muddypaws
I was thinking the same thing. It's going to be tough to do while on vacation but maybe you can set something up temporarily so you can watch TV.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #9

Thanks for all the help! I have removed the old TV and replaced it with a Samsung LED. Of course I have some trim work to do when I get home but at least for now we have a TV in the front of the MH.
Once again thanks for the input from everyone.