Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Rexhall Owners Group
Question TV removal.

Anybody know how to remove the shroud surrounding the front tv on a 1999 Rexhall, Rexair?

Mick & Vonna, 1999 Rexhall Rexair
GRUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can you post a photo ?
On my Bounder , there were L shaped metal brackets inside the frame that had to be unscrewed.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
Rexhall Owners Group

2 problems. . I am a computer idiot, I don't know how to post pictures to this website. . I cant get to the frame, the shroud covers the whole thing. I looked in the side cabinets for some screws there and found nothing. I think my best bet is to call Rexhall. I really appreciate your help.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
American Coach Owners Club
Mick, Not familiar with the Rexhall but most overhead TVs have raised dowels/bungs that cover the frame's screws. With a sharp chisel or knife, these bungs can be lifted from their holes exposing the installation screws allowing the frame to be removed. After the TV's frame is removed, there are usually some sort of anchor brackets that keep the TV from shifting inside the cabinet. Get some help when removing the TV, those older things are heavy and bulky to handle. Good luck.
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
Just a word of caution, when I removed my front TV it felt on me as I removed the last screw, it was held with 4 screws from the back. I was stuck there with a TV on my back, alone. Fortunatly the TV cable was holding it a little. I managed to turn around and grab it. But it was a heavy beast. Just be sure there is someone else to help you, they must weight 100 pounds.
Monaco Cayman 34 PDD 2003 Cummins ISB 300 HP on a roadmaster, 5 speed Allison.
kidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Try an air chisel, then build a new cabinet.
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
Rexhall Owners Group
I have a 2001 rexhall Aerbus and changed out the old tv's a few months ago. If there are vinyl wraps around the box with some buttons, unsnap the buttons and unscrew the vinyl covers. From there you will see what other wood screws need to be removed. They built them well, I had two blind screws coming up into the old tv's plastic.. Just take it slow.

cdory35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #8
Rexhall Owners Group
Originally Posted by woodfoot View Post
Try an air chisel, then build a new cabinet.
Best idea I've heard yet. I have the 4 screws removed from the frame and it is still as solid as it was before removal. I looked into the adjacent cabinets and found NOTHING. Rexhall has me stumped on this one. I will have to call them after the holidays. Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
Mine was held on with staples. Mounted the new flat screen on to the frame and it pulled the frame off while traveling.
Follow us at: http://joelandesta.blogspot.com/
2006 HR Endeavor 40'...2002 Corvette
2011 Forest River 20' Cargo Trailer
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
Not familiar with Rexall construction but most cabinets that I've seen in RV's use the blind screw construction similar to what the Kreg is. Most screws go through the back.

I did a slight modification to my TV cabinet in my Monaco but decided not to tear it all the way down but instead use it as storage. I mounted the TV on a wall mount swing away system so that I have access to the cabinet.

A word of caution, newer flat screen TV's are very light but as a consequence there is essentially no structure to the mount. One of the TV's I mounted, overtime, had failed the back mounting. I had to reinforce so that it didn't completely fall off. The 2nd TV I mounted I also have secondary support so that when traveling there is no weight on the back mount.

Good Luck

Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

removal, rexhall