Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

Exclamation TV Removal from Allegro

Does anyone know or has anyone removed the front (OVER THE DASH) TV from a 2006 Allegro? If so....how did you do it...

Thanks for any help...I know you have to buy a new door if the hinge breaks on the frig..hopefully it is not a new MH for a blown up tv...

Marlene

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by meconner1942 View Post
Does anyone know or has anyone removed the front (OVER THE DASH) TV from a 2006 Allegro? If so....how did you do it...

Thanks for any help...I know you have to buy a new door if the hinge breaks on the frig..hopefully it is not a new MH for a blown up tv...

Marlene
Can you post a picture? I have done it, but the years run together in my old brain. It comes out the front. It is not hard. If it is wood trimmed you will have small wood dowels in the front four corners. Remove these and then remove the four screws behind them. Remove the picture frame. Then there are one or two screws holding the TV. You will need two people. One to hold the TV and one to unscrew the ant. and unplug the elec.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Assuming it's similar to the '07 Open Road we had, open the cabinets to either side of the TV. You'll find screws through the TV side, on the inside of those cabinets, that when removed will allow you to pull out the trim around the TV and thereafter the TV. These are very long screws.

Have fun!
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #4

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Can you post a picture? I have done it, but the years run together in my old brain. It comes out the front. It is not hard. If it is wood trimmed you will have small wood dowels in the front four corners. Remove these and then remove the four screws behind them. Remove the picture frame. Then there are one or two screws holding the TV. You will need two people. One to hold the TV and one to unscrew the ant. and unplug the elec.
I did that with the one in the bedroom, but the front tv looks like it was built in from behind, no buttons or screws showing in the front or on the sides...thanks any way am going to call Tiffin on Monday
Old 10-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Assuming it's similar to the '07 Open Road we had, open the cabinets to either side of the TV. You'll find screws through the TV side, on the inside of those cabinets, that when removed will allow you to pull out the trim around the TV and thereafter the TV. These are very long screws.

Have fun!
Jay has it right. Open the cabinets on each side of the TV and you will find 2 screws in each side that holds the front wood trim on. Remove these screws and the wood frame can be removed. You may have to pry it out depending on how much excess glue they used.

One other warning is that the TV is heavy so you might want someone else around to help hold it.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #6

They are both correct. I changed mine out last winter.The screws are pretty long but come our easy once you find them. Then you have to wiggle the frame back and forth while pulling it towards you. Then there are other felt covered blocks that wedge the tv in place. They also have to come out. Just take your time and don't forget to unplug the dvd and other cables from the back of the tv , so it may be prudent to have a helper with you.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #7

Yes, there are four screws that hold the trim piece in place. They are a little hard to see, but they are phillips head and right inside the two compartments beside the front tv. Once you get those out and the frame off, you can see the other screws that actually hold the TV in place. You don't have to worry about the TV falling out when you take the frame off because the other screws are still holding it in place. Don't do it by yourself as the origional TV is heavy, and you have to disconnect the wires while holding it up. Don't ask me how I know that. Steve
Old 03-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Well all I will be trying this in April to change out our old tube tv and install a flat screen. Hopefully I can find a 32 inch that will fit the opening with out too much fixing up. It sounds like its best to have 2 people to remove the tv. I felt the hardest part would be removing the frame.
Wish me luck
Old 03-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #9

2006 Allegro bus, there are also screws on each side of the tv after the face frame is removed that holds the mount the tv is mounted on.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
paz

Everybody is right about screws from the side cabinet. The frame has "wings" that slide back between the TV and the side cabinets, and the 2 long screws on each side go into those wings.

On our 2005, the screws that hold the cabinets together are bronze color with 1 near the top and 1 near the bottom. The long ones that held the frame in place are a different color (I think silver, but I can't remember - ours are gone) and they were fairly close together on either side of the lower cabinet screw. Don't worry if you get the wrong screws - the cabinets won't come apart. There are more than just those 2 screws on each side in the front holding the front cabinets together.

Once you get the frame off and remove the screws from the wood blocks that hold the TV in place, I recommend you have a helper to get the TV out of there because it weighs 68 lbs. The helper can also disconnect the antenna cable and fish the power cord through from the side cabinet.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote