Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
That looks good. I am going to use a Vizio no sub woofer also mounted above the TV. I started playing around with it late today and will finish installing it tomorrow. Since the sound bar is powered and has a separate remote is there anyway to program the Dish remote to control the TV and sound bar so I can get back to one remote.

Thanks

Well the Vizio sound bar was disappointing. Low volume and and not the best sound quality. haveing 2 separate remotes also was not what I wanted so I am returning it and the search continues. I am looking at the ZVOX Audio SoundBase 220 | ZVOX Audio as upnsmoke posted earlier has good reviews.

Its not a sound bar but I could not install the sound bar under the TV anyway. So I am thinking about mounting this under the upper cabinet as shown in my earlier post that would put it just above the TV. I will follow up on the final results.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
That looks good. I am going to use a Vizio no sub woofer also mounted above the TV. I started playing around with it late today and will finish installing it tomorrow. Since the sound bar is powered and has a separate remote is there anyway to program the Dish remote to control the TV and sound bar so I can get back to one remote.

Thanks

Yes there is a code, google it for info, I have it somewhere but eludes me right now. Keep the small Vizio remote handy if you have a power failure you will need it to reset or do it manually at the soundbar

Hmmmm, just thinking may need to do that all the time going on/off shore and Gen power.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #17

Good luck, and keep us informed. We will be upgrading our MH sound system soon.
Cheers.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post

Yes there is a code, google it for info, I have it somewhere but eludes me right now. Keep the small Vizio remote handy if you have a power failure you will need it to reset or do it manually at the soundbar

Hmmmm, just thinking may need to do that all the time going on/off shore and Gen power.
You won't need to re-program as the codes are stored. I have two soundbars and a harmony remote that powers all and they all retain codes when switching or powering down.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
You won't need to re-program as the codes are stored. I have two soundbars and a harmony remote that powers all and they all retain codes when switching or powering down.

Something hokey about the Visio sound bars (2). If there is a power interruption I need to restart the sound bar, reset the input, with the original remote. Day to day operation is just fine working off the Direct TV or now currently Prism remotes.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #20

My search continues

Still looking for a means to improve the sound quality for my Vizio Flat screen TV. I returned the Vizio sound bar poor sound quality. I also tried ZVOX 220 system, great sound but I have no room to sit it or mount it so I sent that back. What I would really like to find is a "sound Bar" system that splits in half to sit or mount each half on each side of the TV. Similar to this Features - Sound Bars HW-E551 | Samsung Home Theater Systems. The search continues.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #21

Try 2 Ooontz XL's.
CBS-TV "BACK to SCHOOL" Products with DR FRANK 8-27-2013 - YouTube

Or these Behringer powered monitors on either side of the TV
Amazon.com: Behringer MS16 Powered Studio Desktop Monitors: Electronics
Old 09-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I have used the Polk Audio 5000 IHT on the last 2 coaches and am just about to install one today on my new coach. The sound beats all others in the Sound Bar quality category. Wireless sub. BluTooth capable for IPod or Android. 31" across. I highly recommend it.

Here is a link:
Amazon.com: Polk Audio Surroundbar 5000 IHT Virtual Surround Speaker Bar with Wireless Subwoofer: Electronics
Old 09-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
The Vizio TV does not have a headphone connection so powered monitors and computer speakers won't work. I am not sure how the Onntz would connect to the TV but I will take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 09-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I have used the Polk Audio 5000 IHT on the last 2 coaches and am just about to install one today on my new coach. The sound beats all others in the Sound Bar quality category. Wireless sub. BluTooth capable for IPod or Android. 31" across. I highly recommend it.

Here is a link:
Amazon.com: Polk Audio Surroundbar 5000 IHT Virtual Surround Speaker Bar with Wireless Subwoofer: Electronics
Thanks I will take a look at this one
Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks I will take a look at this one
It connects to TV via Optical Cable. Very good sound for a sound bar. The wireless bass driver is small enough as well and could sit in a small corner or under a euro recliner. With the bass driver behind you it heightens the surround sound if you can find a spot for it. Great with the BluTooth for added music from your phone or IPad.

I looked at the Bose system. This is great for a home but not so great for a place in an RV.

Here is a picture of my install on my last coach. That's a 32" TV above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2079739148.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	45704
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It connects to TV via Optical Cable. Very good sound for a sound bar. The wireless bass driver is small enough as well and could sit in a small corner or under a euro recliner. With the bass driver behind you it heightens the surround sound if you can find a spot for it. Great with the BluTooth for added music from your phone or IPad.

I looked at the Bose system. This is great for a home but not so great for a place in an RV.

Here is a picture of my install on my last coach. That's a 32" TV above.

Attachment 45704
I will need to install the sound bar above the TV under the cabinets as shown in post #1. The Polk 5000 has the hole hangers on the back so that should work by adding a a trim board from the bottom of the cabinet. I can place the wireless sub-woofer of to the right or left site of the TV lift stand or the end of the couch on the other side of the coach across from the TV which ever works best. I like it that the the volume can be programed to the Dish remote so only one remote is needed.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #27

Quote:
The Vizio TV does not have a headphone connection so powered monitors and computer speakers won't work. I am not sure how the Onntz would connect to the TV but I will take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestions
You simply need an RCA to Headphone jack adapter. Cheap & easy.
About 2 bucks.

The Oontz xl has both an aux in headphone type jack and a WIRED power input with adapter in the box. Note also that it works on the built in batteries and is bluetooth enabled...so you can play your digital music collection for about 10 hours on batteries alone...in addition to getting the Tv sound you are looking for.
If you rig a mount for them that is easy on/off you can also use them as outdoor speakers on battery at your boodock sites. Plugged in, you can use them as charging stations for any usb powered devices you own like cell phones, tablets etc.

On the other hand, a more conventional powered speaker may be what you are looking for. In any event there is no need to limit yourself to units with RCA jacks only!!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #28
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
I will need to install the sound bar above the TV under the cabinets as shown in post #1. The Polk 5000 has the hole hangers on the back so that should work by adding a a trim board from the bottom of the cabinet. I can place the wireless sub-woofer of to the right or left site of the TV lift stand or the end of the couch on the other side of the coach across from the TV which ever works best. I like it that the the volume can be programed to the Dish remote so only one remote is needed.
You won't be disappointed. Hope it works as well for you!