Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #29

I use an fm transmitter connected to the earphone jack of the tv which sends an fm broadcast from the tv output to the surround sound system in the coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol 65 View Post
I use an fm transmitter connected to the earphone jack of the tv which sends an fm broadcast from the tv output to the surround sound system in the coach.
There is not a earphone jack on this Vizio TV.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
As in my post 27...if you WANT or need an earphone jack...female OR plug...male, there are 2 buck adapters that allow you to have either one from your red & white RCA jacks.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Does it not have RCA phono jacks for audio out? (Our Vizio does.) In that case you just use a RCA-mini plug adapter and it's the same as an earphone jack. Radio Shack has them for a couple bucks.
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipRD View Post
Does it not have RCA phono jacks for audio out? (Our Vizio does.) In that case you just use a RCA-mini plug adapter and it's the same as an earphone jack. Radio Shack has them for a couple bucks.
I have 3 Vizio's they all have audio output of some type.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
As in my post 27...if you WANT or need an earphone jack...female OR plug...male, there are 2 buck adapters that allow you to have either one from your red & white RCA jacks.
I must have walked right past this post. Yes I have RCA outputs and this will work. I will pick up one of these today and try it out with a set of speakers that I already have. Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #35
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
I must have walked right past this post. Yes I have RCA outputs and this will work. I will pick up one of these today and try it out with a set of speakers that I already have. Thanks
Keep us posted Don.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #36

Quote:
OK I picked up an RCA earphone adapter and took the speakers that I have connected to my PC and plugged everything in, and they work and not the best sound with these small speakers. A higher end unit would sound better. No remote for volume control the RCA connections on the TV are just audio inputs. Maybe I can find one with a remote.

I also found covered up on my desk a OontZ angle speaker that I had bought to use as a speaker phone. So I tried that as well using the RCA connection. Works and sounds real goo, but still no remote for volume.

Here is a similar devise that has a remote.

Amazon.com: Flow-Rite MP2000 Qwik-Fill 2 Battery Kit: Automotive)
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #37
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I have looked into all avenues and like the quality and usability of the Polk System. Pick the unit up and try it to see the difference. You'll be amazed!

You can always return it, but with the beautiful set up you have and the money you've spent, this would be the crescendo to your system.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I have looked into all avenues and like the quality and usability of the Polk System. Pick the unit up and try it to see the difference. You'll be amazed!

You can always return it, but with the beautiful set up you have and the money you've spent, this would be the crescendo to your system.
I ordered it from Amazon.com a few days ago and it came in yesterday. The sub is a little larger than I thought it would be so finding a location for it may be difficult. I going to unpack it very carefully and try it out today. Did you get yours installed in the new coach.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #39
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:

I ordered it from Amazon.com a few days ago and it came in yesterday. The sub is a little larger than I thought it would be so finding a location for it may be difficult. I going to unpack it very carefully and try it out today. Did you get yours installed in the new coach.
Excellent! That sub is still smaller than most that come with surround systems. You'll find the system to have really nice rich sound. It beats Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic. The only one I tested that was better, was the Yamaha, but I couldn't see spending almost double the money for the little bit of better.

Unfortunately, I only got the rear 28" Flatscreen LED TV installed in the bedroom this past weekend. I also built an oak shelf and stained and lacquered it for the DVD player in the cabinet below the TV. This weekend will be the Front 32" LED Flatscreen and sound bar. Have to be done for the following weekend as we are taking off for the Hot Springs for a little RnR.

Let me know what you think once you've set up and tested the Polk system.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #40

Glad you found the adapter helpful. The Polk system is excellent if you have the room for it. If not and you need that REMOTE capability...these would be a good choice.
Amazon.com: Audioengine A5+ Premium Powered Speaker Pair (Black): Computers & Accessories
Old 09-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Excellent! That sub is still smaller than most that come with surround systems. You'll find the system to have really nice rich sound. It beats Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic. The only one I tested that was better, was the Yamaha, but I couldn't see spending almost double the money for the little bit of better.

Unfortunately, I only got the rear 28" Flatscreen LED TV installed in the bedroom this past weekend. I also built an oak shelf and stained and lacquered it for the DVD player in the cabinet below the TV. This weekend will be the Front 32" LED Flatscreen and sound bar. Have to be done for the following weekend as we are taking off for the Hot Springs for a little RnR.

Let me know what you think once you've set up and tested the Polk system.

I mounted the Polk sound bar just under the upper cabinet over the TV. I ran the wires along the edges of the window so they are out of site. Hooked it up with a digital optic cable. and ran the power cord in under the cabinet. It looks good. I am still working on a place for the sub. One problem is I don't have outlets on the other side of the coach across from the TV. the only outlet that would work is the one inside the TV cabinet and then place the Sub on the floor on the right or left hand side. The sound bar by it self sounds great and I set the TV remote to work the volume and it also works on the Dish remote. That is a real plus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk-Soundbar.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	45978
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #42
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
That looks real good Don! I'm glad you like the sound!

What about a small extension cord to the sub, or run a dedicated plug off a circuit up to or down through to the floor?
Even if you have to put it in the cabinet you may be able to screen one of the doors.

Just a few ideas.

If you posted a few photos of your cabin layout, I might be able to come up with a few more.