Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #43
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
That looks real good Don! I'm glad you like the sound!

What about a small extension cord to the sub, or run a dedicated plug off a circuit up to or down through to the floor?
Even if you have to put it in the cabinet you may be able to screen one of the doors.

Just a few ideas.

If you posted a few photos of your cabin layout, I might be able to come up with a few more.
Scratch the cabinet and screen idea! I saw your first photos.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post

I have 3 Vizio's they all have audio output of some type.
I have a relatively new (one year) Samsung 40in LED. It has no audio out or headphone jack. Makes getting decent sound a little difficult.

firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
I have a relatively new (one year) Samsung 40in LED. It has no audio out or headphone jack. Makes getting decent sound a little difficult.

It is actually easy to take an hdmi output and convert it to component output which does have the standard red/white analog stereo outputs. About $45.
You may already HAVE component outputs on the TV which provide a direct way to run audio out. If they are in USE to your cable box etc.
...you can get splitters for the rca jacks in that setup.

What is the model of your set? I'd like to research it a bit to see what Samsung is doing these days.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #46
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post

I mounted the Polk sound bar just under the upper cabinet over the TV. I ran the wires along the edges of the window so they are out of site. Hooked it up with a digital optic cable. and ran the power cord in under the cabinet. It looks good. I am still working on a place for the sub. One problem is I don't have outlets on the other side of the coach across from the TV. the only outlet that would work is the one inside the TV cabinet and then place the Sub on the floor on the right or left hand side. The sound bar by it self sounds great and I set the TV remote to work the volume and it also works on the Dish remote. That is a real plus.
Well? What the final verdict?

I just finished my front LED TV install and the Polk Sound bar. I love it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2440278675.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	46157
Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #47
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post

I mounted the Polk sound bar just under the upper cabinet over the TV. I ran the wires along the edges of the window so they are out of site. Hooked it up with a digital optic cable. and ran the power cord in under the cabinet. It looks good. I am still working on a place for the sub. One problem is I don't have outlets on the other side of the coach across from the TV. the only outlet that would work is the one inside the TV cabinet and then place the Sub on the floor on the right or left hand side. The sound bar by it self sounds great and I set the TV remote to work the volume and it also works on the Dish remote. That is a real plus.
What was the final verdict? How did you make out with the sub? What do you think? Was I wrong?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #48

Looks good
Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
You won't need to re-program as the codes are stored. I have two soundbars and a harmony remote that powers all and they all retain codes when switching or powering down.

Did you install 2 sound bars in your coach?

Where? Are they fed from two sources?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #50

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I bought a sound bar to put in the main salon. Found that the Samsung TV I installed last year had NO output for ANYTHING. Even Samsung said there was no way to connect one to it. Decided to put it in the stick house since that Samsung had all of the different connections. That's when I discovered that the sound bar was defective too!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote