Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #1

Two Interior Electrical Outlets Not Working

I am a newbie and need help with an electrical issue. I am currently in a campground and hooked to 50 amp service. All of a sudden yesterday, two of my interior electrical outlets stopped working. All of the others work fine and there currently are no electrical circuit breakers tripped. Can anybody please tell me what might cause this and what I could check to try to fix this issue?
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #2

If you have them, I would look at your GFI outlets. You may have several on your coach. That said, if it wasn't tripped by human intervention, you want to ask yourself "what tripped this device".

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar

Old 11-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok, common problem. Find your inverter and you'll notice that it has a couple of circuit breakers on the side (or end) of it. One is probably tripped. Typically they are the push button type....in any case, reset it and you should be back in business.

Hope this helps

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #4

if you still don't have juice after above advice make sure the breaker at the post is turned on and you are not running on the inverter. don't ask how i know about that!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfever View Post
if you still don't have juice after above advice make sure the breaker at the post is turned on and you are not running on the inverter. don't ask how i know about that!

LOL! I thought that I was the only one that did this 😳

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
Old 11-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
check the GFI, circuit breaker in entrance panel, breaker on the Inverter itself, and possibly another breaker just after the Inverter wires exit the inverter box.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:17 PM   #7

Two Interior Electrical Outlets Not Working

Lanerd (Ron),
Thanks very much for your tip. I found one of the circuits on my inverter was tripped and I reset and all was well again! Looks like there are about four areas of the coach that have circuits off of the inverter. This is certainly a learning process as a first time RV owner, but I have found invaluable answers and information on this website. I thank everybody very much for your help again and suggestions.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #8

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfever View Post
me too...
maybe we could suggest to inverter mfgs to add a 'bell' or 'ding' sound whenever the inverter takes over. The only way you may know now is sometimes the AGS automatically starts the Generator out of the blue - scary!
I've plugged into park 50a service, flipped the breakers, and went on about my setup business, when a little while later my Gen let me know that apparently I DIDN't have park power... crazy.

'14 FordFocus, KingTailgater2 DishHD, 200w/10a mobile SOLAR, 75,000+ miles
all continental US states, Alaska, and yes, most of Canada!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, interior