Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #1

Two Questions, Brake unit and CB

If all goes as planned with the window repairs, we will pickup our 07 Providence on the 28th, I will then have 5 days to get ready for our weeks vacation.

For those towing trailers, what trailer brake units are you using? I will need to install one.

Also, do any other Fleetwood owners use a CB radio? I like to listen to the road reports,and more than a few times it has been helpfull. Where/how did you mount your antenna?

L.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Trailer Brake Controller - 1 to 4 Axles - Proportional. Motorhome has a factory installed CB, the antenna is mounted on the right side above the drivers window. I have never used though.

Chuck

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Trailer Brake Controller - 1 to 4 Axles - Proportional. Motorhome has a factory installed CB, the antenna is mounted on the right side above the drivers window. I have never used though.

Chuck
Sorry, left side above window.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CB, I listen to 19 on mine, and 13 on the back up radio (13 is the "Good Sam's" channel) Not a lot of traffic on either one, But .. That said.. I've had my stress levels seriously reduced by 19 a time or two.

Example. Was headed south, I'm about the 77 mile marker on I-75 in KY headed for Corbin when I hear of not one but TWO major crashes at about the 73 Mile marker (one north of it one south) road is completly blocked.. Exit 76 is just ahead, I took the exit, As I got to the top of the ramp the police car pulled onto the entrance ramp across from me and closed it.. I found a place for the night, enjoyed a nice restful evening, the poor guy behind me had about a 3 hour traffic jam.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #5

I have had several brake controllers in the past. My most current purchase for the MH is a tekonsha P3. This controller is easy to setup and easy to trouble shoot. It's a little pricey, but I feel it was worth it. Whichever controller you choose, make sure it's a "proportional" type controller rather than time delayed.
Attached Images

Tags
brake