Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our 40X Providence has three slides, two of which are in the living area. Makes for a lot of room up front. Our third slide is in the bedroom.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #16

We have the typical 3 slides two in the living area across from each other and the full size household king size bed slide in back. I am used to getting out what we think we are going to want out of the storage compartments before we extend them. If you look at the storage compartments that hang from the slides they are very shallow. Our Freightliner XC-R chassis has three compartments that go all the way through from one side to the other and two have trays on rollers that pull out so the reach under the slide is not too bad.

Jim

Old 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
We have the typical 3 slides two in the living area across from each other and the full size household king size bed slide in back. I am used to getting out what we think we are going to want out of the storage compartments before we extend them. If you look at the storage compartments that hang from the slides they are very shallow. Our Freightliner XC-R chassis has three compartments that go all the way through from one side to the other and two have trays on rollers that pull out so the reach under the slide is not too bad.

Jim

You pointed out my concerns with the storage bins attached to the slides they are just too shallow. I like the full pass through storage compartments and I too have three with slides that I can pull out. Makes for a lot of storage room.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrobinryan View Post
Our 07 Adventurer has this type on the long drivers side slide. Alot easier getting into them but note these are where you should store the lighter and bulkier items you carry. These comartments have a limited weight capacity.

This is where my hoses, blue boy, grill, chairs, patio mats etc go. The tools and heavier items go in the passenger side which are frame mounted.

On the other note regarding number of slides, ours only has 2, but very long (16-17") slides which oppose at the mid coach area. Offers a large central area. Works great for us.
My MH has the same situation. I like the idea of the compartments coming out with the slide but looked at how they are hung and assumed they would have a load limit. I am unable to find what the actual limits are. Did you find it listed somewhere in the manual? For now, without actual values, I'm just keeping really light stuff in them.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have two opposing slides in the front and one slide in the bed room and love it. Fleetwood Pace Arrow 38P. I don't think they make the Pace Arrows any more but the Bounder has the same floor plans.

offshore is offline   Reply With Quote