Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
Tyron Multiband

Does anyone have information on where the Tyron Multiband can be purchased? Preferably in the San Antonio or Yuma area.

2011 Monaco Knight 36', MaxForce 10, 350HP, 1150 lbs. Torque.
2008 Saturn Vue Toad, SMI Duo Brake, Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar
San Antonio, TX Home Port
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Was discussed here:
Tyron bands and flat tires?
Tyron B-6 Runflat

I think you must call them in Tampa for info.

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
In a different thread, the OP became dissatisfied with the difficulty of finding tire shops that would work on his tires with Tyron's installed. He removed them and listed them in our classified section. I think his tire size is 275R70/22.5.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Removing my Tyron bands

When I purchased my coach last year, I learned I had inherited six Tyron bands on my 22.5 inch tires. I felt pretty good after researching what they are and how they work. However, I just had the two front bands removed and I will be selling them in the classifieds. Here's why...

The issue I found is finding qualified service. I tried to put new front tires on in Phoenix earlier this year, but I couldn't find a qualified garage in the area. I called the US distributor in Florida to find service centers in CA or OR. Besides being rude and trying to make me feel guilty for interrupting his day, he would not provide a list of qualified garages (you'll notice the supplier list is password protected on the Tyron/US website). He told me to choose one city and then he would provide the closest service center (ugh!). I selected Eugene OR, since we were heading here for the summer. "Call Camping World" was his response before hanging up on me. So, I called Camping World, talked to the service manager, he never heard of them.

I took my coach to Kaiser Brake & Alignment in Eugene. They have seen Tyron bands before, but they don't have the special "spider" tool needed for putting tires on wheels that have the bands. They tried to get the tool from the same guy in Florida several years ago, but ran into the same attitude I did. Kaiser said they could install my new tires with the bands left on but, without the tool, it would costs me 3 hrs of labor per wheel.

I had to weigh the safety value versus the service issues and costs. My wife and I decided to have Kaiser remove the front bands; the rear bands will be coming off when we change out the rear tires in a few years.

Note: I'm not trying to persuade anyone against using Tyron bands, plenty of people and organizations use them, and many swear by them. Mostly I want you to be aware of the service issues I had and suggest researching this for yourself before investing in them.
Mark & Leta
past: '86 micro Winnie, '92 Itasca Spirit, '98 Gulf Stream Conquest
now: 40' Monaco Diplomat DST, 400 hp, '13 Buick Enclave
MarksOnRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I too inherited Tyron bands I discovered when having front tires installed. Tire shop had never seen them before, tire guy went to his tool box, got the right size Allen wrench, straightened it in a vice put it in his cordless drill and removed them. Installed new tires and reinstalled the Tyron's, easy peasy. Just depends on how skilled your tire guy is. At least 6 months later I was looking through one of the boxes of manuals that came with my coach and there was the Tyron tool. A straight Allen wrench that would hook to a ratchet for easy removal. I don't see them as a problem. JMO Randy
Randy & Kathy-n-Auggie
07 HR Navigator 43PBQ, 525hp Cummins ISX, 09 Flex Limited AWD
Randyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote