Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #15

Today I finished up the job, and extended the awning, I like it and it will be useful, a friend's son will be racing shifter karts at Barber Motorsports park next month so I mght park in the paddock next to them. Now I'm trying to find a source for switch labels, and I found the 24" amber LED strips for under my entry steps, I'm addicted, thinking of doing the basement storage bays, and maybe my closet and kitchen cabinets on automatic switches,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #16

Today the 8' warm white LED strip arrived, VERY different light compared to the white under my awning, it looks like I have sunshine escaping from under my bed, I wired it to my courtesy lights.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #17

Great job on those lights but please don't stop. I am lovin it. I want to do the same so I am going to follow your lead. Please keep posting those pics......great ideas you have. Thanks
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #18

I ran a strip of 12v white LED strip lights down the slide topper roller storage piece. Also a short piece across the outer end of the door topper. FWIW those 12v LED strips can be cut at the copper bars that are every 4" or so. scrape the covering off and solder a small pair of wires to the copper strips.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #19

Geez this place is great... This LED light strips is exactly what I'm looking for,, Nice job Manuel B ! That under awning lighting is exactly what we need,, along with maybe the strip under the steps,, as we take the 4 legged kids out after dark... Sure would have been nice to have a little more light when we camped at Lost Dutchman State Park in the AZ desert a couple months ago....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel B View Post
Today I attached the 16' LED strip under my awning, it puts out a nice amount of light, hard to get a good photo, up close you can see the strip, from farther back you only see the glow coming from under the awning roller, I'm pleased with the results, and the price, tomorrow night I'll extend the awning and see what it looks like,
VERY NICE IDEA MY Wife has a hard time seeing at night need to do something to help her out also.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #21

I can't get a good photo of the 2 amber step lights but I really like them, I wired them to the amber light that was already under my Quicky steps and removed the incandesent bulb, the other night I saw light coming through my bathroom window, I went to the door thinking we had a full moon rising but it was my awning light, at first I thought I should of bought the warm white but now I realize the color is like moolight, perfect, the warm white inside around the bed brings out the warmth of the oak, now I want to convert my ceiling Thinlites.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #22

Manuel, can you take a picture without using flash? That way we can see how much light you really get.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote