Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #1

Unhappy with Thor and RV Solutions

In May 2014, purchased a brand new Thor ACE 30.1 from RV Solutions in San Diego. I had a Solar system installed. When I went to pick it up, I noticed it was plugged into the wall. I thought this was odd because it had the solar system to keep it charged. I brought the RV home and immediately noticed that when it was unplugged it died within half an hour. I live over 150 miles away from the dealer so I had the batteries tested locally and found both batteries were bad with dry cells in each. Replaced the batteries and contacted the dealer. RV Solutions told me to contact Thor it was there problem. Thor told me it was a dealer problem. RV Solutions took several weeks dicking around and passing blame then finally refused to replace the batteries. I would highly recommend you look anywhere else but RV Solutions in San Diego to purchase an RV and also consider anything other then a Thor. Any one else had similar problems?

John Cardillo

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillitaly View Post
In May 2014, purchased a brand new Thor ACE 30.1 from RV Solutions in San Diego. I had a Solar system installed. When I went to pick it up, I noticed it was plugged into the wall. I thought this was odd because it had the solar system to keep it charged......... I would highly recommend you look anywhere else but RV Solutions in San Diego to purchase an RV and also consider anything other then a Thor. Any one else had similar problems?

John Cardillo
John: welcome to iRV2.com. I hate to see a new member whose first post is about being "wronged" by some dealer. But, I also have to wonder WHY you apparently did not choose to question the dealer about what you saw. Is it possible they mis-wired the solar, or failed to provide over-charging protection, and that is what caused the batteries to fail?

FWIW, we also have a THOR owner's forum here:
Thor Industries Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

You'll find lots of unhappy folks there, too.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #3

Sorry you had this problem! I do not see how it was Thor's fault - you had something installed by the dealer aftermarket. This is clearly a dealer issue.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your problems, but I have to agree this is definitely an issue with the dealer, and not a Thor Problem
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Contact Motorhome Magazine's "Hot Line" and see if their people can help you recover your loses. I read this article in every issue of Motorhome magazine and they seem to always recover for those who deserve to be reimbursed. The address and instructions are on page 13 of the JULY magazine, which is now in circulation. Good Luck!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I would highly recommend you look anywhere else but RV Solutions in San Diego to purchase an RV and also consider anything other then a Thor.

John Cardillo
Funny, I'd recommend that people do a PDI. This is like saying the engine in your car died so stay away from Michelin tires!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bad move on Thor's part. They should have replaced the batteries and worked out with their dealer. Just makes for $200.00 worth of bad advertising. If it wasn't their problem, they could have added the cost to the next coach they send to that dealer.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #8

thats the problem with MH... to many cooks! You think there is a company that can do it all... when something is wrong, one party takes responsibility.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #9

You buy a brand new motorhome and they can't even replace the batteries.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
FWIW, we also have a THOR owner's forum here: Thor Industries Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

You'll find lots of unhappy folks there, too.
As an ex-Thor owner, that is pretty damn funny.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Here's hope that you have better luck in the future with your new coach.

RV Solutions is a rather newcomer to the RV biz in SoCal. They would not make a reasonable deal with us, so we went elsewhere.

Hope you come back and share your adventures...there's lots of happy Thor owners here too.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #12

Ok it is Tuesday, Sherly Sylvia from Thor called me after reviewing my file. She was extremely helpful and said they would reimburse me for the batteries. She did say that after the RV leaves the lot, the dealer is required to maintain the batteries, which in this case they clearly did not due to the fact that both batteries had dry cells. She even went so far as to contact the local dealer where it is being serviced to have the roof inspected. I am very happy with the customer service I received today. If RV Solutions had taken care of this right away, this would have been resolved.

John Cardillo
Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
As an ex-Thor owner, that is pretty damn funny.
Just like Joe Friday used to say........"just the facts, Mam"
Old 06-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Ok it is Tuesday, Sherly Sylvia from Thor called me after reviewing my file. She was extremely helpful and said they would reimburse me for the batteries. She did say that after the RV leaves the lot, the dealer is required to maintain the batteries, which in this case they clearly did not due to the fact that both batteries had dry cells. She even went so far as to contact the local dealer where it is being serviced to have the roof inspected. I am very happy with the customer service I received today. If RV Solutions had taken care of this right away, this would have been resolved.

John Cardillo
John, Had similar issue with my dealer Safford RV. The service tech argued with me about have having HDMI cables in my 2015 ACE 30.2. He claims I do not have HDMI cables in the coach. After a swift and to the point email to the GM of Safford RV. My HDMI cable is being replaced. I hope to pick it up this weekend. Over 1 month since I dropped it off to be fixed. Nothing with RV dealers moves fast.

Tags
thor