Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Unknown Warning light

Looking for a little help here. I have a 2004 Damon Escaper LX400 and just recently a warning light came on - picture attached. I went through all of my books, called freightliner, googled it and the only thing I can find is for a Volkswagon Jetta as a low brake pad warning. I had my pads/ shoes checked at they are at 90% (like new). Any feedback would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warning light.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	65863  

Birddog95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
Looks like a brake symbol, but that should be red. My guess (only a guess) is that since it is yellow, something malfunctioned in the ABS.

2012 Winnebago Tour JD
2014 Chevy Tahoe
Steve COH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
I have an ABS light (that's not lit) so I don't think its that. This is frustrating cause we are heading out next weekend and would like to figure it out before we leave
Old 06-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #4
I have a sprinter, your light is SIMILAR to the light I have that is for a bulb out. It's a long shot but check all vehicle related bulbs

Joe Fenech
1998 Itasca Sunflyer
Ford 460
Annierufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
2006 Damon Daybreak 3274 35' Ford F53 V-10
2006 Ion Retired Navy, FAA and PASS Union VP
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
Thanks everyone. Checked all the lights and tires are all good. :(
Old 06-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
Unknown Warning light

Warning brake pads are worn.

C350AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
on mercedes, this sign is indicative of worn brake pads (time to change).
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #9
It does appear to be a brake warning light of some sort. You say you just had your brakes checked. Was the light on prior to that? If not, perhaps the guys that did the work did not adjust something correctly (a sensor, for example) or an electrical connection has come undone or is malfunctioning. If it happened AFTER the brake inspection, that's where I would look. Just my 2 cents....

Please let us know what you find out to be the culprit. Thanks!
2003 Fleetwood Revolution DP
HeapBigEngin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
Not really sure what is happening. We headed out for a trip 4 weeks ago and on the way back the light would flicker on, then off. After an hour or so it just stayed on. I just had a brake inspection cause I too saw the FixIt post on the volkswagon warning light for low pads and all pads and shoes are at approx. 90% left. There are no sensors or wiring to the calipers or shoes so unless there is something that goes to a air brake soliniod/ relay or something ???? So frustrating:$
Old 06-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
On a VW, that symbol is the front brake pads are worn to the limit. I once installed a set of pads that didn't have the wear indicator sensor and I had to put a jumper into the plug to turn the light out. Look for a wire or plug connector at the front brakes. If the pads had been installed without sensors, the wire could have been left dangling and got torn away by road debris.

All warning symbols with a circle and 2 arcs are for brakes, brake fluid, parking brake, etc. The six arc segments around the circle is VW brake pad wear. I'm surprised Freightliner couldn't tell you what it means if they built the chassis. You might also check with Thor.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #12
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well the dash manufacturer would know for sure

But the only thing on my motor home that even LOOKS like that is the parking brake,, My Parking brake is an exclamation point (!) but that is the shape of a parking brake.

Could also be the pads or.. Who knows.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
I would not be 100% but it is a ABS warning light that shows the ABS is not working as it should. There are sensors on both front wheels and rear or only one in rear two up front.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
Mystery solved!!! I ended up taking the tires off and TADA!!!! there are sensors imbedded in the front pad. I don't understand why two different Freightliner dealership couldn't tell me this? One even insisted that they do not have pad sensors on their units.... Hmm, I think what happened is when the previous owner had the pads replaced, the mechanic "stuffed" the wires where ever cause I found 3 wear makes that was shorting out. $520.00 in parts to replace :(