Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #15

I suggested this to DW who reminded me that we have a top loader, not a front loader. I have no idea what that means but apparently it won't work for us

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
We run it all the time when sleeping but I've never run it while driving. Our inverter won't power it so we'd have to run the generator (which isn't really that big of a deal).

Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #17

Some coaches, (my Safari for one), are plumbed so the washer drain does not go into EITHER tank.
The draining Splendide wash/rinse water goes directly out through the 3" sewer hose connector, (if the cap is not removed when the washer drains/spins, the drain pipes will fill, overflow, and flood the basement).
We have/can ONLY do a Splendide wash when we:
1.) have a sewer hook up.
2.) when the 3" sewer outlet is connected to a "blue boy".
...OR we could run the washer water onto the ground, (which is illegal most everywhere).

Mel
'96 Sahara
Old 06-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Heck, I never thought about running the Splendid as I drove down the road? Suppose I could, but the DW usually has everything washed before the day of departure.......good thing she hasn't read this thread!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks everyone! Gotta laugh tho. That's the problem we've had since we first started investigating the RV life: completely different opinions from equally qualified sources like all of you - experienced veterans. You know, what's the best class, diesel vs gas, Apple vs. IBM and tastes great/less filling. Every time we settle on something we go to a show and learn something completely different, usually from people we meet who are looking for their 3rd MH or so.
ALWAYS get a Tiffen - NEVER buy a Winnie - and vice versa. This is the way everything in life is so it's not surprising. The hardest decision for us is gas/diesel and new/used. Now thinking used deisel. Life is short and we don't want to keeping vasillating, but life is short and we don't want to make a 6 figure mistake! Bottom line? You are ALL great and we appreciate every post. No name calling/flames here. Perhaps RVers have a better take on life than the rest of society. More patience/maturity? Don't know - but are eager to get on the road in our own MH instead of renting. And meet some of you in person. Drinks on us!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #20

Jimaxp ... Don't feel like you are swimming alone in the quandary pool. Every RVer takes a lap or two. Somewhere in my past posts I pontificated about the "what is the best used rig" thing. Boils down to some logic ... all manufacturers have good and bad model years and configurations. Example: I had a Chevy car that was a piece of junk, so should I tell all my pals to never touch a Chevy with a ten foot pole? Other model years that I've had we're a love affair.

Specifically, with RVs you just have to drill into ownership opinions for exact model years and styles. I'm getting an education on good and bad models by reading this web site.

Diesel vs gas ... THAT will never be settled. You can approach the comparison from initial cost, from power, from longevity, etc ... and there will never be a clear winner. Since you have probably already driven both engine types, you may have the decision under control.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have done it several times. I have to agree with the poster above about the spin cycle being kind of unnerving if you forget that the washer is running. Other than that though, we have had no problems.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #22

I start the GENSET as I am unhooking everything and do the wash. If it hasn't finished, I will let it finish before I turn the GEN off. I can dry it when we get to where we are going. We have separate residential HE units, so doesn't use much water and it drains to the gray.

WW
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #23

Jimaxp, don't ever forget that internet "experts" abound, regardless of their actual knowledge. Most folks will tell you that their rig is the absolute best, and that their way of doing things is the only way.

The old Chevy V. Ford mentality... I submit that no one here or on any other forum knows it all.

Take ALL advice given with a grain of salt. In time, you too will develop your own definite RV opinions, some of which may actually be right!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaxp View Post
Thanks everyone! Gotta laugh tho. That's the problem we've had since we first started investigating the RV life: completely different opinions from equally qualified sources like all of you - experienced veterans. You know, what's the best class, diesel vs gas, Apple vs. IBM and tastes great/less filling. Every time we settle on something we go to a show and learn something completely different, usually from people we meet who are looking for their 3rd MH or so.
ALWAYS get a Tiffen - NEVER buy a Winnie - and vice versa. This is the way everything in life is so it's not surprising. The hardest decision for us is gas/diesel and new/used. Now thinking used deisel. Life is short and we don't want to keeping vasillating, but life is short and we don't want to make a 6 figure mistake! Bottom line? You are ALL great and we appreciate every post. No name calling/flames here. Perhaps RVers have a better take on life than the rest of society. More patience/maturity? Don't know - but are eager to get on the road in our own MH instead of renting. And meet some of you in person. Drinks on us!
I think you have just discovered what many of us found out. The folks on IRV2 are the nicest bunch you will ever meet, friendly, eager to share their knowledge and experience, without the back-stabbing, cut-you-down attitudes that are found on some other RV sites! It all gets back to the basic "golden rule", just treat others the way you want to be treated. As long as we all remember that, this will continue to be the kind of place folks naturally migrate to. Of course, I know there are probably one or two who are exceptions to that rule, but we just "FIDO" them, (forget it and drive on).

You'll also find that the Moderators here are different. They spend a LOT of time keeping us straight, yet are always fair and respectful. Believe me, that's something that pretty rare on other sites!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote