Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
used Class A

Has anyone bought a motorhome from RVclassified.com? there seem to be some good deals on the site. I am interested in a Class A DP 01 or newer, have a class C now.

mckjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Be really careful with that site.... Know of numerous scams that have been attempted through it..... The key is - NEVER send any money for any reason.... Not to "hold" it or anything....

ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They are just a broker service, basically just doing advertising for private sales. You aren't buying from rvclassified.com and get nothing from them directly, nor do you have recourse with them if you get a pig in a poke. As long as you understand you are making a private purchase transaction and act accordingly, you will be fine.

As in any private sale transaction, caveat emptor. Make sure you know what you are getting and check it out thoroughly before handing over any money.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
I was in the same boat as you. I talked to a lot of folks and as you can see by the number of replies you get everyone wants to help. The more I investigated the more I found out that I was ignorant of what I was ignorant of. I suggest that you go to rv.org pay what they are asking to join. I did and it was the best $150 I have ever spent. (I don't get a cut or any deals. If you're starting new this is a great resource) Once you read through their book and look over their reviews of coaches go to oodle.com and plug in what coaches you're looking for. It will search sites all over the US for what you're looking for (dealers and private listings) and email you every day with up dates. Plan on doing some traveling to look at coaches your are interested in. When I first started looking I was impressed with all the flash, 4 slides, fire place, 4 TVs, etc. But with rv.org information I learned what to look for in a quality coach that would fit my needs. There's a lot of good looking coaches out there that are crap. Take the time do your research and find the ones that will fit your needs and budget first then look at your wants.
Good Luck have fun.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
I advertised my 2005 Allegro Bus on that site, along with a few others. I had no issues/problems with that site, however, there are some excellent advice here. when it gets down to the actual purchase of any used vehicle, GO SEE IT and deal in PERSON with the seller--FACE TO FACE. Be sure the title is free and clear by seeing it before you pay any money to anyone. If there is a lien on the unit, you'll need some help/advice from your bank. Your bank should be willing to check everything out with the owner or lien holder to protect you from any mis-information or scams. When I finally sold my Allegro Bus, I had been communicating with the buyer over the phone and e-mails for 5 months before they came to look the RV over, then returned 2 weeks later to purchase it. By that time we knew each other pretty well so our banks took care of the $$ transfer for us. I wish it would not have taken that long but in the end, it was a painless sale.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Forest River Owners Club
Another suggestion - check out Lazydays RV (2 locations)

I shopped their site earlier this year and ended up buying a 2008 FR Berkshire for a great price.... (see pic above) Advantage is you have a warranty when you drive it off lot PLUS they have checked it put stem to stern...

Just a thought...
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Don't discount, eBay! I was in the same position a year ago. Did a lot of research, and finally ended up buying a 2006 Phaeton, 27K mile with a car ready to be towed behind that the owner used, and paid about 110K. The coach was in another state, inspected the coach and the car, paid for it and drove it home, also made a little vacation trip with my family on the way home - something to consider!

Good luck with your search!

srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This looks interesting...
Crankyape.com Bank repo RVs
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
I would suggest strongly going to rv.org buy what he's selling ( the best rv money I ever spent) read it all over to find out what you really want, how to inspect the coach and how to deal with sales people. Check out oodle.com it searches all over the internet for what you're looking for and will give you a huge list. It will then email you any new posts. I bought mine off an add but I went and checked it out in person. In the process I ran across all kinds of scams. The basic premises is that if it sounds too good to be true it's not. If you follow any of these up you will find that they do not give you a phone number that works, the coach is always in some other place, and they want the money up front. When you've found something you're interested in and talked to the owner or sales guy, Then plan on doing some traveling to look at what you're interested in. Because if you don't go look at it you are just asking to get screwed.
Take your time and happy hunting
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
rvtraderonline.com was good for us when we sold our 2002 Travel Supreme. When buying, you do have to be very careful of the scams. But most of the coaches are legit. Plus a lot of dealers advertise on there, so you can actually find a few coaches you like and save them and compare them later. When selling on RV, the brokers will hound you until put "no brokers" on your ad

2013 Entegra 44DLQ Ebony Blaze
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Limited Toad
Shardan1 is offline   Reply With Quote