Originally Posted by Vette4ba
I just bought a 2004 HR Endeavor and I do not know what care/upkeep the previous owners took of it. I am living in it in Florida this winter but want to get everything checked before I go? What should my full list be?
Oil change & filter
Transmission fluid change & filter
Generator checked - what needs to be checked/changed here?
Air conditioners/freon checked & filters
Brake fluids checked or changed?
Electrical system - what gets checked here?
I do have brand new tires already.
Should I have an EMS Progressive HW50c put on?
Please add to my list so I that i will have an excellent starting point for my annual maintenance checks.
This list is somewhat generic but will give you a pretty complete baseline for the future:
Complete base line service for Cummins diesel motorhome:
Engine: filters to be Fleetguard
2. Fuel filters (2)
3. Coolant filter if equipped and test/ adjust SCA level if standard coolant. Change coolant @ 5 years. Add extender at 3 years if OAT type coolant.
4. Air filter if over 3 years old. Inspect plumbing between filter and turbo inlet for evidence of dust. Inspect CAC plumbing.
5. Inspect hoses & belts.
Transmission: filters to be Allison high capacity.
1. Change filters @ 36 months & top up.
2. Change fluid @ 48 months or test sample.
Always use TES295 fluid as approved by Allison.
1. Complete lube including lifting front axle from ends to unload king pins.
2. Including 3 zerks on steering column and one zerk on steering box.
3. Change Hydraulic filter & top up.
4. Change air dryer cartridge @ 2-3 years.
5. Grease front wheel bearings 3-5 years or change to oil hubs & inspect.
6. Change differential gear oil @ 3-5 years.
7. Inspect brake surfaces.
8. Inspect oil level tag axle hubs.
1. Oil/ filter
2. Fuel filter
3. Air filter
4. Perform valve lash, belt/ hose replacement and generator unit service before 2000 hours. Replace thermostat and coolant @ that time.
1. Replace fuel filter
2. Replace burner nozzle
3. Exercise tempering valve.
4. Inspect coolant level at top of AquaHot unit and at expansion tak.
Inspect and clean all battery terminals.