Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #15

I'll have to check the "grey draining into black" scenario. That would be an interesting explanation, because we definitely can fill the 38 gallon black in just 4 days, no problem, if we're not careful.

Steve
SteveLevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

A family of 4 will fill a black tank a lot quicker than two adults. Especially if one or more of the members is not good on water discipline.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #17

DP is greatly improved travel wise, but of course there is the increase in cost to maintain and operate to consider. 2003 phaeton has 47/70 tanks currently scarce; used price unknown
wkdwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
If I were looking for a used DP I would look on this forum because most of the threads that I have seen are how to service and make modifications to improve your MH. I think that most of the folks on this forum take great pride in there RV's and find it very satifysing to keep them in better than new condition. I ordered my current DP new and have been very fortunate that most all of the bugs were worked out. My first new MH had alot of bugs that took me a year to get fixed.

Good luck and congrats on your new adventure and purchase.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Old beaver pushers have fat capacities...: My 1991 beaver Marquis sports twin 78 gallon holding tanks + 100 gallon fresh / 150 gallon diesel. Its a pig! Paid $32k for a coach that retailed for $309k to a surgeon in cali new in 1991.
fkloster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My UFO chassis has the following capacities:
Fuel 100 Gallons
Water 92 Gallons
Black Tank 62 Gallons
Grey Tanks 72 Gallons

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
If I wanted to plumb one of the gray holding tanks to the black tank where is the best place to get the proper parts and sealants? We always end up with a full gray tank and very little in the black. I am thinking of a pipe on the gray tank that drains into the black when the gray is about 2/3Rd's full.

Also how do I prevent the disc (that I cut out of the tanks) from falling into the tanks? Is this a job best left to the pro's?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
AZ,

plumb an outlet into the grey tank, add a small pump, and t into the toilet feed and use the grey to flush the potty!
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Even the factory messes up...

I'm concerned that the disc, that is cut with an attachment on a power drill, would end up in the tank. I have seen posts where the factory loses the circular pieces in the tank and then they block the drainage pipe. I don't know how to prevent this. Maybe I should draw a plan for my idea and post it here. No pump would be required. It would be a passive system that works on its own. Joe
Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
The things that are important to us in this upgrade:

* at least 50 gallon black tank.

Our old Country Coach has 73 Grey and 60 Black.

* good amount of wardrobe storage
No slides equal more storage. Less Beer equals more Storage

* the ability to run the generator for 50-60 hours without needing to refuel,
A diesel generator burns about 1/2 gal per hour but only from the top 3/4 of the tank.

Also a plus would be handling hills fairly well. Our current rig can manage to hold at least 40mph even in the worst of spots with the 460+Banks setup it has.

Select the HP of a diesel to be above 1 HP per 100lbs of Coach and toad. Not much time is lost between 35mph and 50 mph in the uphill travel.

For example... rear radiator vs. side radiator. I understand the advantages of side radiators (I think it's easier maintenance) but how much is that really worth, dollar wise?

Side radiator gets more air for cooling and engine access for DIY is much better. Rear Radiator requires more cleaning.

A lot of Fleetwoods don't have front generators... they don't SEEM hugely loud, but are there other advantages to front generator rigs?

Front generator is easier to service if on a slideout. Noise and exhaust is furthur from where you sleep.

Front vs. middle entrances: aside from just the layouts, are there any advantages between the two mechanically?
More useable floor space in a Front Entry.

My wife doesn't like the idea of not sitting "even" with me as we go down the road, and about how much of a hassle those sliding floors might or might not be to manage in a front-entry model).

She will be sitting about 4 inches behind you in our DP.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote