Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #1

Used RV market

Besides RVT and RV Trader where is the best place to search for a used DP?
sfergie631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was looking at PPL in Texas. They had a good inventory.

Used RVs, Motorhomes for Sale, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Yes, look at the ads from the big sales companies, that will give a good idea of what is out there and also knock 10-15% off the asking and that should be close to selling prices. Also nice to see floor plans and pick out ideas of things you would like to have like sitting arrangement, TV location, dining seating style, kitchen location and lay-out, bathroom and bedroom are also important (minimal or give up living room space for a bigger bedroom?)
Have fun looking, and good luck.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #4

They are hard to locate, but there are small places that sell clean units as well. We have one such place close to us called buyrvsellrv.com.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a classified area on this web site that has a nice selection of used RV's.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #6

I have always had success in buying, selling, and finding MH's on Craig's List and eBay. You can easily search various states and cities.

I will only buy from the motor home owner and never a dealer.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's amazing where you can find used RVs. Our first RV was a 1999 Winnebago purchased in 2008. It had 7,000 miles on it. We purchased it from a whole seller that buys and sells auction vehicles. Nothing fancy, they buy them wash them and sell them. No service, etc. Best thing was it was 50% less than the dealer NADA value. Traded it in after 7 years of mostly carefree use on our current used Tiffin RV at a local dealership. Been happy with the "new" RV for 2 years now. It was 50% less then the average NADA rated value

After reading all the posts the common thread is the INTERNET. You have more resources available on the internet then any where else. Better then a 1909 Sears Catalog in every way!!
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
X2 with Vapor 3000. I recently sold my '06 gasser motorhome in craigslist. I had it listed a few places and got alot of lookers. My son suggested craigslist and I wasn't thrilled about it because of the stories we've all heard about craigslist. Sold it in less than a week. Good luck in your hunt. Your rig is out there...just be patient!
chinobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #9

oddly enough I happened to stumble upon mine on craigslist. didn't think I would find a coach in such great shape on craigslist but it appeared there were many ppl selling rv's and campers on there. I even sold my old camper that way.
bobbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If you're looking for a specific make and model, often you can just do an internet search and they will pop up. There was a time when I was looking for a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Bishop IV. That was a pretty specific search. I found several throughout the country, but none with the specific motor I wanted.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #11

While not a DP I bought my gas class A off of a craigslist ad from a seller a thousand miles away after 4-5 months of online shopping, don't forget to look at those secondary online ad sites too such as bookoo and oodle. The only bad thing about craigslist is wading though all the scammers.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
If you're looking for a specific make and model, often you can just do an internet search and they will pop up. There was a time when I was looking for a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Bishop IV. That was a pretty specific search. I found several throughout the country, but none with the specific motor I wanted.

If you have an idea of what you are looking for or at least the manufacturer, just type in the info on an internet search. You'll find RVs all over the place.

you can also look at www.RVUSA.com
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #13

I was looking for a used RV to tow my Land Speed Racer to Bonneville Salt Flats this August. I have owned three RV's in my life and pretty much knew what I wanted. No slides, no roof leaks, low mileage, 454 engine, P30 chassis (very good luck with a previous P30), two roof AC's in working condition (a must for Bonneville where temperatures hit 115F), room to bed down 3-men who would drive non-stop for 2400 miles. I looked on Craig's List and found what I wanted in one day. I bought a 1991 Atasca Sunflyer with 25K miles on the odometer. It had new tires, a stove that had never been used, and everything worked. It had two issues, the generator was missing and it would crank but wouldn't run. I suspected the in-tank electric fuel pump. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and sure enough, the fuel pressure at the TBI was 3-psig. Replaced the fuel pump and it runs like a top.

The nice part was the guy lived just down the road from me, and he wanted $1500 for it. I just finished re-formulating a Generac 6500 kW generator to replace the missing one. It was a left over from Hurricane Flood and only has 12 hours on the clock. The fuel pump (OEM part) cost me $17 on eBay. I did do some cosmetic work inside to give the old color scheme some new life, as well as refinishing the cabinet doors. I will install a back-up camera, a GPS navigator system, and 2-flat screen TV's (13" and 42") before we leave.

If all goes well, I will save a ton of money on motel rooms, sleep 1/3 of the time on the trip out and back, eat like a king, listen to my loud 50's Rock and Roll music, and pee when I need to, which is often! The total cost of the RV is about what I would have spent per day at BSF staying in motels and eating in restaurants (prices go way up during Speed Week), and we will be there for 1-week.

When I return, hopefully with a Land Speed Record for Harley blown fuel KHK's, I will still have the RV, which I may or may not sell for a tidy profit.

Good luck with your search. It can be rewarding. People are selling used RV's pretty cheap in my neck of the woods.

Jim
Invisable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #14

Sean:

You should check out Dreamfindersrv.com, I found this site to have plenty to choose from.
PS: found our current 38 DP on Craig's list 20 miles from our home!!!
MobileOneDS is offline   Reply With Quote