Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #29
My coach puts out pretty good heat from the defroster and I use it regularly on North/south where a good amount of time is in temperatures less than 35 degrees. My fans, aimed straight back, put a surprising amount of the heat back into the living area. In the cold they help a lot.

2016 Pace Arrow LXE 38K
BigBadDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #30
Originally Posted by Bloodyhell View Post
We've had our 2005 Bounder for about 6 months and we have never found a use for the windshield fans. They are noisy and they don't seem to move much air. Before I replace them with some interior lights, is there some use I am overlooking. Are they indispensable in some situation I haven't encountered yet?
Like the many other members who use them for various reasons, we do the same, however if the noise bothers you and you don't feel you have a need for them, then by all means remove them and replace them with something you feel is more useful.

Best of luck and safe travels....

Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:18 PM   #31
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep, when its damp and dewy out you will be glad you have the extra wind power blowing on your windshield to help keep it fog free. I have installed oscillating fans to replace my fixed type. What a difference they made in keeping the window clear.
Jeff Ellis
1999 National Tradewinds 7371
1997 GEO Tracker TOAD, Fayetteville NC
Covelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #32
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a set and they are indeed worthless as we cannot get them to turn on. I now ow where the switch is, but nothing happens when I push it.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Melody & Mike, Jake the hearing dog
Cats: Silver, Cleo, Lily, Almond, & the late Zima
2001 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #33
Winnebago Owners Club
I have turned those fans toward the driver and passenger helps keep us cool.
gcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #34
Use ours when the windshield starts to get foggy or when we just want a little breeze on us.
2009 Berkshire 390 QS and toad
Retired and traveling
no3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:15 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post
I have a set and they are indeed worthless as we cannot get them to turn on. I now ow where the switch is, but nothing happens when I push it.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
My fans have a pretty well hidden switch on the fan body, and that has to be turned to on and to high or low speed for them to operate.
Have you checked with your fans if the switch is in the correct operation position?

2001 Hurricane 29D
2015 Kia Sorento
Kymco Motor Scooter
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is online now   Reply With Quote