Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
You mght want to check this out this is how I do it. Love the RV Geeks.


HOW TO: Inflate High Pressure RV Tires - YouTube

Below is an update to the video above,be sure to watch the above video first.

UPDATE: High Pressure RV Tire Inflation - YouTube
I don't have a diesel but that was cool. Those geeks are the best. Thanks.

Cliff
__________________

__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Jack1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall

I don't have a diesel but that was cool. Those geeks are the best. Thanks.

Cliff
Hey Cliff

I'll get in big trouble from the folks who like & use their on-board compressors, but....

1) If you want to top-up your tires prior to leaving in the morning... on my rig ....unless I am prepared to bring in the slides and retract the jacks....as soon as I start the big motor, the "jacks-up" alarm goes nuts!

2) If I wait until morning when I'm ready to leave.... My camping neighbors get to listen & breath the joys of 350hp of belching diesel warm-up, air my suspension, air-up my brakes .... and now I'm ready to air-up six tires on the MH & four tires on the toad.

Hey, I'm pretty quick, but with cold fingers those little valve caps can be a bit of a problem! Not normally a great way to make friends! What the heck we're unlikely to ever see these people again.

I apologize in advance for offending all those who prefer to use their on-board compressor....just do me a favor if you are camped next to me....please ask to borrow my compressor.
__________________

__________________
Jack & Maggie
04-Rexhall Roseair (37)
Cummins ISC / Spartan
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
You mght want to check this out this is how I do it. Love the RV Geeks.


HOW TO: Inflate High Pressure RV Tires - YouTube

Below is an update to the video above,be sure to watch the above video first.

UPDATE: High Pressure RV Tire Inflation - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Hey Cliff

I'll get in big trouble from the folks who like & use their on-board compressors, but....

1) If you want to top-up your tires prior to leaving in the morning... on my rig ....unless I am prepared to bring in the slides and retract the jacks....as soon as I start the big motor, the "jacks-up" alarm goes nuts!

2) If I wait until morning when I'm ready to leave.... My camping neighbors get to listen & breath the joys of 350hp of belching diesel warm-up, air my suspension, air-up my brakes .... and now I'm ready to air-up six tires on the MH & four tires on the toad.

Hey, I'm pretty quick, but with cold fingers those little valve caps can be a bit of a problem! Not normally a great way to make friends! What the heck we're unlikely to ever see these people again.

I apologize in advance for offending all those who prefer to use their on-board compressor....just do me a favor if you are camped next to me....please ask to borrow my compressor.
I hear ya but agree would not like to if you were next to me.

Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Chickadee's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,027
Hey, THANK YOU ALL for great informative input.

Marc and Jan:

Thanks for the tip on that "Clip On Chuck" by Slime. Looks like just what I could use. Question: So when "regulated pressure" reaches 115 psi, do ya just hear air stop flowing, or is compressor running until it reaches 115 psi, or do you just read it on the regulated side gauge and thus know you're done????

THANKS AGAIN ALL. I'll eventually get it

Steve
__________________
2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Redding
Posts: 3,412
Craftsman 150 psi 6 gallon pancake compressor.

On my older compressor I installed two disconnects. One has a regulator gauge that I can set at lower cut out pressures for things like bike tires or the air nozzle, and the other is unregulated so it reaches 150 psi before the cut out.

Using the unregulated connector I can fairly easily put 115 lbs in my front 22.5" tires.

My on board compressor cuts out at about 115 psi and cannot raise my tire psi above 107 psi even after many refill cycles of the compressor.
__________________
Dean
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
62_inrightlane's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida / Georgia / Michigan
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Hey, THANK YOU ALL for great informative input.

Marc and Jan:

Thanks for the tip on that "Clip On Chuck" by Slime. Looks like just what I could use. Question: So when "regulated pressure" reaches 115 psi, do ya just hear air stop flowing, or is compressor running until it reaches 115 psi, or do you just read it on the regulated side gauge and thus know you're done????

THANKS AGAIN ALL. I'll eventually get it

Steve
Yes, once you clip the tire chuck on you can leave it unattended without worrying. Your tire will not be inflated above the line pressure you set and once tank pressure gets back to the set tank PSI level the compressor shuts off.
__________________
Marc & Jan
Molly, Abby & Katie | The Cocker K-9 Kids!|Toad 2014 Cadillac SRX
2012 Berkshire 360FWS, Brake Buddy Vantage|Wineguard Travler SK-3005 |TST 507 TPMS
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,799
I removed the pressure regulator and installed a quarter turn valve. Used a different hose and tire chuck. (Truck type) .

Works great.
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
RetiredBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portage, MI
Posts: 309
Campbell-Hausfeld also makes a clip-on air chuck--picked up one at WalMart for less than $5.
__________________

__________________
2011 Newmar Canyon Star 3411; Workhorse W22; 8.1L; Allison 6-speed
2013 Honda CRV
Portage, MI
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.