Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
You mght want to check this out this is how I do it. Love the RV Geeks.

Below is an update to the video above,be sure to watch the above video first.

UPDATE: High Pressure RV Tire Inflation - YouTube
I don't have a diesel but that was cool. Those geeks are the best. Thanks.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall

I don't have a diesel but that was cool. Those geeks are the best. Thanks.

Cliff
Hey Cliff

I'll get in big trouble from the folks who like & use their on-board compressors, but....

1) If you want to top-up your tires prior to leaving in the morning... on my rig ....unless I am prepared to bring in the slides and retract the jacks....as soon as I start the big motor, the "jacks-up" alarm goes nuts!

2) If I wait until morning when I'm ready to leave.... My camping neighbors get to listen & breath the joys of 350hp of belching diesel warm-up, air my suspension, air-up my brakes .... and now I'm ready to air-up six tires on the MH & four tires on the toad.

Hey, I'm pretty quick, but with cold fingers those little valve caps can be a bit of a problem! Not normally a great way to make friends! What the heck we're unlikely to ever see these people again.

I apologize in advance for offending all those who prefer to use their on-board compressor....just do me a favor if you are camped next to me....please ask to borrow my compressor.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
You mght want to check this out this is how I do it. Love the RV Geeks.

Below is an update to the video above,be sure to watch the above video first.

UPDATE: High Pressure RV Tire Inflation - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Hey Cliff

I'll get in big trouble from the folks who like & use their on-board compressors, but....

1) If you want to top-up your tires prior to leaving in the morning... on my rig ....unless I am prepared to bring in the slides and retract the jacks....as soon as I start the big motor, the "jacks-up" alarm goes nuts!

2) If I wait until morning when I'm ready to leave.... My camping neighbors get to listen & breath the joys of 350hp of belching diesel warm-up, air my suspension, air-up my brakes .... and now I'm ready to air-up six tires on the MH & four tires on the toad.

Hey, I'm pretty quick, but with cold fingers those little valve caps can be a bit of a problem! Not normally a great way to make friends! What the heck we're unlikely to ever see these people again.

I apologize in advance for offending all those who prefer to use their on-board compressor....just do me a favor if you are camped next to me....please ask to borrow my compressor.
I hear ya but agree would not like to if you were next to me.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, THANK YOU ALL for great informative input.

Marc and Jan:

Thanks for the tip on that "Clip On Chuck" by Slime. Looks like just what I could use. Question: So when "regulated pressure" reaches 115 psi, do ya just hear air stop flowing, or is compressor running until it reaches 115 psi, or do you just read it on the regulated side gauge and thus know you're done????

THANKS AGAIN ALL. I'll eventually get it

Steve
Old 10-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Craftsman 150 psi 6 gallon pancake compressor.

On my older compressor I installed two disconnects. One has a regulator gauge that I can set at lower cut out pressures for things like bike tires or the air nozzle, and the other is unregulated so it reaches 150 psi before the cut out.

Using the unregulated connector I can fairly easily put 115 lbs in my front 22.5" tires.

My on board compressor cuts out at about 115 psi and cannot raise my tire psi above 107 psi even after many refill cycles of the compressor.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Hey, THANK YOU ALL for great informative input.

Marc and Jan:

Thanks for the tip on that "Clip On Chuck" by Slime. Looks like just what I could use. Question: So when "regulated pressure" reaches 115 psi, do ya just hear air stop flowing, or is compressor running until it reaches 115 psi, or do you just read it on the regulated side gauge and thus know you're done????

THANKS AGAIN ALL. I'll eventually get it

Steve
Yes, once you clip the tire chuck on you can leave it unattended without worrying. Your tire will not be inflated above the line pressure you set and once tank pressure gets back to the set tank PSI level the compressor shuts off.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I removed the pressure regulator and installed a quarter turn valve. Used a different hose and tire chuck. (Truck type) .

Works great.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #22

Campbell-Hausfeld also makes a clip-on air chuck--picked up one at WalMart for less than $5.
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote