Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always carried six quarts and a filter and had a truck stop change it for me a grease the chassis for $25-35.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had my oil changed at a Walmart at the car price. I got pro-rated for the unused dino oil and got Mobil 1 off the shelf plus my choice of filter. They said it's just like a car only bigger. Same as my thoughts. JM2...

Ted Fulltiming in the DreamCatcher a
2008 Challenger 371PE on F53 w/ 2010 Cobalt
R'V there yet?
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #17
We've had the oil changed on the road many times without a problem. With our old motorhome the recommended change interval was 5,000 miles using synthetic blend. The current one has a change interval of 7,500 miles also with synthetic blend. We've never had to go more than 3,000 miles with the old one or 5,000 miles with the new one before we found a place that could do the job.

We've had it done by a contractor at the campground, at Jiffy Lube, a Ford garage, a construction company repair facility, and several independent truck repair shops. We always ask at the campground desk when we check in to see if there's a place nearby that can handle the job.

As a side note most campgrounds don't allow any maintenance to be performed onsite unless it's an emergency. Even then most times it has to be done by a mobile technician. They don't want amateurs attempting a project only to have it fail and/or create a big mess.
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #18
Speedco, heavy truck service centers, can probably do it also.
cmk144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #19
Unless your trips are more than 5,000 miles, you should be okay without the need for an oil change. Frequent oil changes are recommended for severe duty use like stop and go driving, pulling a trailer, or dusty conditions. Today's oils are capable of 7500 miles under normal duty use like highway driving. If you are really concerned, just carry an oil change bucket, an oil filter and wrench and the recommended oil. I don't need a jack to get under my rig.

Nathan and Linda, 2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U, F53 Chassis, Banks Power Pack
Patrol 65 is offline   Reply With Quote