Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoneham, Maine
Posts: 125
Valve Stem Extension Stabilizers

I recently saw valve stem extension stabilizer kits for the first time online. If you have never seen them, they are rubber inserts that fit in the holes in the outer wheel that hold the valve stem extensions from the inner dually wheel stable. Really great idea if you don't want to mess around with all the other products to hold the stem extension. My problem is locating an a retailer. I have a 2005 Workhorse chassis, W24, with 22.5x6.75 wheels. There are four holes in the outer wheel and they are oblong (egg shaped). They measure approximately 3.5 in long and 2.5 in wide. Has anyone ever used these products and where can I get the egg shaped ones? HELP!
__________________

__________________
Grandpavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
harleyjt's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpavan View Post
I recently saw valve stem extension stabilizer kits for the first time online. If you have never seen them, they are rubber inserts that fit in the holes in the outer wheel that hold the valve stem extensions from the inner dually wheel stable. Really great idea if you don't want to mess around with all the other products to hold the stem extension. My problem is locating an a retailer. I have a 2005 Workhorse chassis, W24, with 22.5x6.75 wheels. There are four holes in the outer wheel and they are oblong (egg shaped). They measure approximately 3.5 in long and 2.5 in wide. Has anyone ever used these products and where can I get the egg shaped ones? HELP!
Where did you see them online? Can you order online? Sounds interesting.
jt
__________________

__________________
2005 Newmar Kountry Star Gas 3742
Workhorse W24, 8.1L/Allison 5-spd
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 182
Look up "always shiny wheels" on the internet. Tell them your coach and hole sizes and they can help. GOOD people.

Dan
__________________
2014 Volvo 630 Heren Bed ET Hitch
2017 New Horizons Majestic 35 foot
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Valdosta, Ga
Posts: 696
I just emailed them yesterday about these and they told me they need the part number off the rim to tell me which ones I need.
__________________
1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jim_HiTek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Full time RV'er
Posts: 1,659
Why do you think you need them? I'm intrigued.

I have brass extensions and just recently had a slow leak caused by an extension loosening.
__________________
'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Valdosta, Ga
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Why do you think you need them? I'm intrigued.

I have brass extensions and just recently had a slow leak caused by an extension loosening.

I need them because I added 2 inch extensions to aid in installing my TPMS sensors on the inner dually's. I did some reading after I installed the extensions and realized (and EEZ RV agreed) that they should be stabilized with something like these stabilizers.
__________________
1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,464
Blog Entries: 1
Stabilizers?
Each to their own ways, but....

I have added good truck shop flexible valve extensions of proper length on each of my 4 MHs when I bought them. They do not get in the way of the tires or rims, and have never come loose from the valve stems.
They never leaked.
I dont recall the maker and they are not labeled. But they were not cheap, neigborhood of $50+ per pair. Top shelf stuff at a truck shop that truckers there reccomended.
The braiding is tight on the hose, and there is a neoprene gasket where it screws on to the valve stem. When tightened, you gotta work to get them loose! The braiding touches nothing if they are the proper length and set in place carefully.
I double check them after new tires are mounted.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Valdosta, Ga
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Stabilizers?
Each to their own ways, but....

I have added good truck shop flexible valve extensions of proper length on each of my 4 MHs when I bought them. They do not get in the way of the tires or rims, and have never come loose from the valve stems.
They never leaked.
I dont recall the maker and they are not labeled. But they were not cheap, neigborhood of $50+ per pair. Top shelf stuff at a truck shop that truckers there reccomended.
The braiding is tight on the hose, and there is a neoprene gasket where it screws on to the valve stem. When tightened, you gotta work to get them loose! The braiding touches nothing if they are the proper length and set in place carefully.
I double check them after new tires are mounted.
So what keeps them from flopping around if they are flexible? Pics?
__________________
1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,464
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
So what keeps them from flopping around if they are flexible? Pics?

They come with very firm mounting brackets.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449857222.742002.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  101.8 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449857241.093279.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449857256.287144.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  93.6 KB
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Pigman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,940
The rubber grommets came standard on my Allegro Bus on a Powerglide (Tiffin) chassis. THey work great but occasionally they will slip inside the outer dualy. An easy pull with a set of needle nose pliers and we're good for another 15,000 miles. Don't leave home without them.
__________________
Pigman
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:34 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 815
We just bought valve stems extensions(solid) and put a TPMS on them. We needed a stabilizer and went to ACE, bought a couple rubber plugs a bit larger that our rim hole, drilled a hole through them and put them on. Haven't been on the road yet but think they will work.

We had tried the flexible ones and had leaks so we hunted for a long time and finally found solid brass ones. In past RVs we didn't use a stabilizer but felt we needed to with this one, length is a bit longer.

I will make note of this thread though in case we have problems.
__________________
Sue and Tom

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Valdosta, Ga
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
They come with very firm mounting brackets.
Attachment 113894
Attachment 113895
Attachment 113896
I see I heard bad things about flexible extensions so I added straight 2" extensions that are not flexible, so I'm looking for something to keep the extensions stabilized in the middle of the holes. I believe that's what Grandpavan is asking about also.
__________________
1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
69Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Valdosta, Ga
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
We just bought valve stems extensions(solid) and put a TPMS on them. We needed a stabilizer and went to ACE, bought a couple rubber plugs a bit larger that our rim hole, drilled a hole through them and put them on. Haven't been on the road yet but think they will work.

We had tried the flexible ones and had leaks so we hunted for a long time and finally found solid brass ones. In past RVs we didn't use a stabilizer but felt we needed to with this one, length is a bit longer.

I will make note of this thread though in case we have problems.
I thought about trying something like that. Usually though when I try something like that it doesn't work and I spend more money than I would have if I bought the originals in the first place
__________________
1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 406
ValveExtensions and Stabilizers

Contact the folks on this web site:

Dually Valves - Inner Dually Stems

They have the inserts for the wheel and they also sell great quality one piece valve extensions. Give them a call - they are very helpful.
__________________

__________________
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TST TPMS Systems TST Systems Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 1414 11-17-2017 02:53 PM
High Pressure Valve Stem Issues jbenoit28 iRV2.com General Discussion 27 06-23-2015 07:15 PM
Valve Stem Extenders Doc Vegas Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 5 01-11-2015 01:36 PM
TPMS Sensors without Valve Stem Extensions vettenuts Class A Motorhome Discussions 25 10-18-2014 02:00 PM
Replacing gray tank gate valve on 2001 Tradewinds rvndonm National RV Owner's Forum 4 10-11-2014 11:06 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.