Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Vanity/Sink in Bedroom - Good or Bad

We are looking at a lot of floorplans in the Newmar line. Several of the candidates we are looking into have a vanity/sink in the bedroom. If you have one (or avoided one) let me know what you think.

My gut reaction is that we don't want one. However, if we were to accept that as a possibility it would nearly double the number of floorplans we would consider.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You could wash your tail while laying in bed. Don't think it wpould be on my priority list either.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had both and prefer a separate bath. If one of us gets up early, it disturbs the other one.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good question! You're talking about a second lavatory sink in the bedroom - right?
I saw that while shopping for our Class A.
I think that the sink in the bedroom thing is like the double bath sink thing in new homes...2 holes - no waiting.

Traveling with a mate makes for times when there is a line for the bathroom. And some folks don't like using the sink/vanity if the bath is humid from a recent shower.

You can just use the kitchen sink if the bath is busy, but the bedroom sink could be a useful option.

I don't travel with a large group (like with kids) so it's not a deal breaker for me - but not a must have.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Nope, the "open bath" plans have a walk though bath with the sink and often shower in the center part. The only thing in a closed area is the "pot". Some are arranges with doors that can close off the bath for more privacy and some are not.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
In our search for the "right" MH, we have found that 75% of the floor plans have the shower / sink in the center of the floor plan and another sink in the bedroom. The "public" shower as the DW calls it, has been a deal breaker. I think that I have convinced her to consider the whole floor plan before dissing it for the split shower. All of our other RV's have had a separate bathroom.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #7

We have a vanity sink in the corner of our bedroom as a second unit to the one in the bathroom. I like it use it exclusively allowing my wife to use the one in the bathroom as her seperate vanity. If I bought another coach, I would look for one with a similiar design!
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #8

Waste of time and space in the bedroom. HOWEVER..., We have two vanity sinks in our bathroom and while I have little use for the sink assigned to me.... I do appreciate and find the second medicine cabinet very useful for keeping my stuff separate from her stuff. Strongly suggest you put the second vanity on your list of "must haves" IF it includes the second medicine cabinet
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #9

We have a full bath in our MH. Also a vanity sink in the bedroom, works great for us when getting ready for both to go out. A real time saver for both of us. I have to admit at first I thought what a waste of space but now we love it!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #10

We are always looking online at MHs. We've noticed the ones with the 2nd vanity in the bedroom and nixed that idea. It just doesn't appeal to us. We'd rather do without a 2nd vanity rather than go that route.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
It was a deal breaker for DW. She wanted the bathroom in one room and nothing in the bedroom.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Waste of time and space in the bedroom. HOWEVER..., We have two vanity sinks in our bathroom and while I have little use for the sink assigned to me.... I do appreciate and find the second medicine cabinet very useful for keeping my stuff separate from her stuff. Strongly suggest you put the second vanity on your list of "must haves" IF it includes the second medicine cabinet
That is the route most likely for us. As was mentioned, the problem we both see with a second sink/vanity in the bedroom is when one of us wants to sleep in or nap out, it is just not convenient.

Thanks all!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #13

BTW.... While you seldom see them, we have a proper office ( desk, chair, filing drawer, two additional drawers) with room for a printer & laptop in our bedroom. If you only use your MH on the weekend....probably a total waste....but we FT in ours and it is one of our most appreciated features....way better than a vanity sink!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
X2!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote