Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Vegas problems continue.

Well, we went back to Camping World, St. Augustine to pick up our Vegas that was in repair for the loud screeching noise from the dash A.C/heater blower motor. This problem has existed for more than a year. CW has attempted to correct this issue 4 times. Finally replaced the blower motor from Thor, and the new motor makes the same noise. They are going to order a second motor. We traveled the 75 miles each way to CW 13 times so far since we bought this coach. All kinds of problems, mostly very poor workmanship, and poor quality components, as well as CW techs unable to figure out how to make repairs. In 4 times for dashboard power-points blowing fuses, 4 times for heater/AC blower motor, several times for interior and exterior finish and sealant issues, twice for driveshaft and u-joint issues. I had to actually search for a local driveline company to remove and balance the drive shafts and replace a u-joint. Are you kidding me? Driveshaft and u-joints on a brand-new motorhome??? I then had to lay out 475.00 for new rear tire valve extenders, originals were defective, and a complete front end alignment. The tech told me the front end alignment was never redone at Thor after they dropped the coach on the stripped chassis. That procedure must be done after installation of the coach body, as the extra weight changes the alignment. I have been promised re-imbursement from Thor , but I am still waiting for the check. I don't know if this will ever end. I will say that the individuals we have dealt with at Thor have been as helpful as they could in correcting these issues. Mor/ryde was helpful and efficient in getting payment to the driveshaft company quickly. So, we again don't have our RV. Three cancelled trips, hundreds of dollars in fuel expenses to and from CW, not to mention our time, and an additional 1200 miles of mileage on the odometer just for warranty repairs. Are we happy with out new RV experience? What do you think.

davidgebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
feel your frustration... i have never brought my rig to cw for service as i know they are not up to the par to deal with mine. why not go to a reputable shop? check this site and pick one with high score near you RV Service Reviews

2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
Good Sam and Motorhome magazine had a Hot Line for unresolved RV service/repair disputes. You must snail-mail your dispute-with copies of all supporting documentation+ stamped return envelope, to MotorHome Hot Line
2750 Park View Court, Suite 240
Oxnard, CA 93036
The have a good resolution average. You may also email Marcus Lemonus, Good Sam CEO, here: mlemonis@campingworldrv.com
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #4
Maybe next time buy used? Let someone else get all the bugs worked out first
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post

THOR + CW = Disaster.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe you should be talking to a rv lemon law attorney. With all the issues you seem to have and with a new rv and money you should not have had to put out, there may be a good chance to get Thor to take back the coach & reimburse you for the money you have invested in the coach. Our 1st coach back in 2000 we had a Ford issue & ford took it back. There is no out laying cost to you for the attorney. It'S not something you like doing, but the rv'S cost way too much to have those kinds of problems
Lee & Diane
2005 Itasca Horizon AD
Columbia, CA
Diane98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
vegas problems

We are keeping all records and times, and dates of all the repairs. The problem is, its not always the same problem every time. We went to CW 4 times for the power point fuse issue, but that was in conjunction with other problems at the time. Same for the heater/ac blower motor problem. Other problems cropped up at the same time. Lemon laws in Florida indicate it has to be the same problem or problems over a predetermined period of time, up to 2 years. The thing is, most issues were resolved after several trips to CW, but not all issues were repaired at the same visit. They were waiting for parts, they were short-handed and over-booked, etc. None of which are our problems. They claimed getting OKs and parts from Thor is the problem, as well as how these motorhomes are built. Not just the Vegas, but the Tuscany, the Ace, the class C coaches as well. All told, we have about 1800 miles travel back and forth to CW, incurred about 475.00 dollars in fuel expenses.They have the Vegas again, now, waiting for a third blower motor, and we hope to gat it back early this week. CW has offered to deliver the coach back to our home as a courtesy for the aggravation we have endured for 14 months. I do feel they have tried their best, but with poorly trained inexperienced techs, difficult dealings with Thor, the customer takes all the brunt of theses issues.
davidgebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:38 AM   #8
I was interested in this same MH...great size and innovative floor plan. Then went to drive one at CW in Tucson. Walk-thru and five minute drive...and I walked away in a hurry...poor quality in every respect. I avoid Thor and Forest River.
AZaficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #9
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Not sure how this will help the OP with his current problems.

Trap, Jan and the Pup
2013 Monaco Diplomat 43dft
2010 Black Jeep Liberty
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote