Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #1

Angry Very Crappy Dilemna

Well, we finally picked up our new RV and are currently parked at East Fork Park at Lake Lavon, Wylie, TX. Took my Acadia to All Star RV in Plano to get plate put on for towing. That's another long story in itself. Anyway, they wanted us to bring the coach to them to test all connections. No problem, right? Well, not until the ODS slide behind the drivers seat of our Entegra Aspire decided it was not going to retract. Entegra is sending a new motor out but it won't be here before we need to dump our black tank. Should a septic tank company have the ability to come out and perform honey wagon service? I'm not sure who to call and would welcome any suggestions (other than don't use the bathrooms).

Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #2

You need to find one that has the ability to control the vacuum pressure that vacuum's your tank. They have that ability as we use them at numerous Race Tracks around the country.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #3

Isn't there a manual backup for retracting the slide? I know there is a section in my owner's manual on doing this.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums You really need to be posting this in the Entegra forum section, it will help you get Entegra specific answers on the slide.

Somebody in your park has a blueboy that they will help you out. Ask the cg manager or hosts. Or try the old open the compartment stand there scratching head for a while...be visible, say hi to folks, how' it going,,,real crappy eh?

Good Luck and may the good days far outnumber the bad.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #5

Twomed - I wasn't looking for help with the slide. I've spoken to the service dept. at MHSRV as well as 2 different people in Entegra's customer service dept. None of them mentioned a manual backup and knew that we were under a time constraint. But I do appreciate the suggestion to check with the folks at the gate (this is an Army Corps of Engineers Park). I will give that a shot!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry Diva we posted at the same time. I see you do not desire help with the slide, only dumping your tank. A honey wagon can solve your problem.

If you want to retract your slide, let us know.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Diesel Diva,

If you near a major city, it will probably be harder to find one. I did a quick search for Wylie TX and nothing came up. One alternative would be to call a company that leases ports-potties. They either have a service to come out and suck out the contents, or should know of one. If you get one, make sure they know what they are doing with closed systems so they don't damage your plumbing.

An alternative would be a portable dump system. Maybe your RV place sells them or has one you could use. Other than that, Camping World. Not cheap. $100+ for 35 gallon size.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sometimes the controllers act up. In the outside elec compartment under the drivers seat you'll find 4 controllers which are adjustable with a small screwdriver (very minor changes) and they are interchangeable.
i recommend you remove the elect connector plug from a good operating slide and plug it into the bad slide and see if that doesn't get it moving again. If it does you don't have a bad motor just a controller problem( adjust or replace).
If it doesn't fix the problem you can interchange motors between the slides.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #9

[QUOTE=mccsix;2103689]Sometimes the controllers act up. In the outside elec compartment under the drivers seat you'll find 4 controllers which are adjustable with a small screwdriver (very minor changes) and they are interchangeable.
i recommend you remove the elect connector plug from a good operating slide and plug it into the bad slide and see if that doesn't get it moving again. If it does you don't have a bad motor just a controller problem( adjust or replace).
If it doesn't fix the problem you can interchange motors between the slides.[/QUOTE
Sometimes the wires come off the controllers due to the stake-on connectors being too large. Make sure a connector hasn't fallen off.
By the way I was at lavon lake in Wylie for several days. Left around June 1st.
There was an Anthem and an Aspire there when we were there. Noel
Old 06-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
Sometimes the controllers act up. In the outside elec compartment under the drivers seat you'll find 4 controllers which are adjustable with a small screwdriver (very minor changes) and they are interchangeable.
If it doesn't fix the problem you can interchange motors between the slides.
That might be a lot easier than trying to find a "come to you dump" or messing with a Blue Boy. I do remember that Entegra said all of the slide motors were interchangeable.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Well...if you get down to it, you can pull the two shear pins and with two large crescent wrenches, crank the slide back in. It is a job and the crescents have to be about 24 inches long...one to grip the square tube box while you regrip...one quarter turn at a time. That's how we did it when I had the same motor fail. But buying two crescents that size might be as much as the blue dumping device. Then re-pin it when you have cranked it in.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Seems like buying a blueboy would be cheaper than calling an onsite pump service. Then just donate it to the park, or give it away if you don't want to keep it.
JFXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Suggest to find a honey pot service. If you are at a CG without sewer they likely can direct you.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #14

Thanks everyone for your responses. There Is a 42 gal blue boy headed to our daughters house. Just need to last one more day. And I'm sure we'll need it in the future as well.