Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Efficiency is King at LD

We bought our first coach a year ago at LD. It seemed to take forever for them to get through the fixes they found during PDI. After asking a lot of people a lot of questions, I found out that the tech isn't working on a single coach, he actually works on four at a time. I guess this way they don't have to wait for parts to show up, etc - when there is a snag on one, he goes to the next.

I wish we had known a real timeline so we could have planned better. We felt we had to get home and didn't do a good job of checking out the rig before we left. Many little things that they should have fixed, like the toad connector not working, I had to fix later.

All in all we felt we got an OK deal and got good service from the salesperson. Found out that most of the trade-in units on their Web already had offers and at least one backup offer. We made an offer on an incoming trade-in before it hit the Web. Sight unseen, but with a fully refundable deposit. Turns out it was really nice, and we completed the deal.

I wish I had cancelled everything on my calendar and spent a week at the LD campground going through everything, then however long it took them to fix the list. Oh well, live and learn.

We would definitely buy another unit there, but would allow plenty of time for the transaction.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #44

1 day late doesn't seem like a big deal.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Unfortunately, many dealers think an "appointment" is when you can bring it in and LEAVE it for them to ignore, while they take care of other customers who are unwilling to play that game. At least you are there in their face, and about all you can do is keep pestering them, until they get so tired of you that they will fix enough issues to get you to leave.

I really HATE being this cynical, but that's the way it is in a LOT of places.
Not just RV dealerships. The car dealerships in FL are swamped this time of year as well, with all the snowbirds in town.

My '14 Grand Cherokee had a couple of service programs that had to be done, so I made an appointment with the Jeep dealer in Fort Myers. Showed up on time, waited quite a while for the service writer to get to me. He pulled up my VIN number, and in addition to the two programs I knew about, there were several other software updates that needed to be done to various systems. He said it was 5 hours or so of work, and they wouldn't be able to finish in that day. OK, they pay for an Enterprise rental. So I leave it.

That was on tuesday. I call wednesday for an update. No call back from service writer. I call again on thursday. No call back. I pay phone IVR tag, finally get the service cashier (I think). She says it hasn't even had a tech assigned yet! I go mildly ballistic on her, and leave another message for the service writer.

Friday no one calls me. I finally call them in the afternoon, again can't reach the service writer, talk to cashier. She says it's done. But it's too late for me to get over there in friday rush hour traffic. So I go to pick it up saturday morning.

It's not done! The original service program I brought it in for hasn't been completed, because they didn't have the parts. And I had specifically asked about the parts for this, with both the scheduler and the service writer, because I had heard there was a part shortage. So now I'm supposed to wait for the parts to come in, and then bring the car in again (for them to ignore, I suppose). I don't think they even ordered the part until thursday afternoon, over 48 hours after I brought it in.

You can imagine what I put in the on-line survey that Chrysler asked me to fill out after the service.

When they called me back to schedule finishing the job, after the parts came in, my basic response was "Why in the world would I ever do business with you guys again?" Unfortunately, the next nearest Jeep dealer is 40 miles away. So I might just give them another chance. But not until April at the earliest, after the snowbirds mostly leave.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #46

Freightliner Owners Club
One or two days may not seem like much but when you fly in for a great deal and are stuck in their facility, stuck with their crappy food it gets old really fast. Add to that the service advisers that "tell you anything to shut you up" you get cranky and hard to please. Sorry if I sound grouchy but I have been on the Lazydays merry go-round and it is no fun.
Dalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:24 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Never bought an RV from them but have had dealings with their parts department. Been waiting over a year for a return call to order some parts for my RV which I have since sold. They don't seem to care since I didn't buy the RV from them.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #48

I believe you hit the preverbal nail on the head. Their facilities are top notch but I truly believe they are just to big and under staffed. You are correct each dept does not communicate well .My biggest issue was lack of communication to me I was the one who would have to initiate contact to get updates on my coach. As with any company there will always be a few bad seeds I finally was ably to get the manager of the deliver team to handle all my issue .It was only supposed to be another day but that turned into a week. So all total my coach spent 4 weeks with them for a few very minors repairs. My salesman was new and very under informed so maybe next time I will ask for someone with more experience.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we traded at LD, we found a couple of small items while moving over from the old coach. Our sales rep had the techs come over and make repairs a few minutes later while we was still moving in. I was very impressed.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #50

American Coach Owners Club
I bought my coach in Sept. from LD's with the normal 30 warranty on coach items. My service adviser warned me to be sure and bring it in before Nov. 1 as the service dept from that time till March would be swamped and anyone with minor items would be at the mercy of those that needed work on items that affected the livability of the RV or issues that prevented them from traveling. He also stated that if I could not get in just to inform him in writing of the issue and them bring it in later, pretty good customer care if you ask me. Salesmen at LD's are not good contact for service

No dealer can anticipate the amount of service work that they will have to do not to mention the warranty work that is forced up them by the sometimes shoddy work of all the RV's manufactures at times. The amount of RV's on the road in Florida has been greatly increased in mind and I have been living here 23 years, more RV's more work needed. In addition I was told my the mobile tech that I use sometimes, who previously had worked a LD's and CW, that waiting on parts from manufacturers was the greatest frustration and usually caused most of the lengthy delays.

Delays and mis-communication are no limited to LD's, my daughter just purchased a new TT from the new kid on the block, General RV just east of LD's. The salesman was nice but had a number of facts about the TT wrong, what else is new. The promised delivery day and time had to be confirmed several times and finally some discussion with the GM was initiated to make them have it ready on time. When they picked it up the PDI was ok, I was there, but there was an issue with the front cap, warranty manager came out and said no problem we will put in for a complete cap replacement bring it back in a month. Guess what one month later and suddenly nobody know's anything about the matter and they will have "research" it.

It will be interesting in the future to see how competitive the 4 large RV dealers, that now reside within five miles of each other, will become both from a price perspective and service, let the competition begin.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm going through he same issue.. Purchased a new to me(used ) 2004 Mountain air..was told the coch would be ready in 5 day(Wednesday)Get a call the day before and am told there is a delay.. Will be ready Friday.. Friday Morning I get a call telling end of next week..Friday afternoon I get a call telling me Tuesday Morning.. At that time I ask the salesman about some of the issues that were supposed to be fixed.. One was swollen house batteries( his response was they tested them there Ok..I then asked about the solar panels not working..he responded..There not going to fix that.... Ithen reminded him why I brought that particular MH was because he told me they do a complete PDI and everything will be working as original.... He then gave me a short answer and said he would check on it..I informed him it's a 2-3hr ride so I would appreciate not having to drive back down and would like the MH 100%.. He respond..Let me see what I can do... This was Friday ..My 4th rescheduled pickup day was supposed to be tomorrow ( May 25th).. Haven't heard from them so I'm guessing that's a no go to... .. I was happy... But this whole rescheduling thing is really starting to leave a bad taste....
Old 05-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
I'm going through he same issue.. Purchased a new to me(used ) 2004 Mountain air..was told the coch would be ready in 5 day(Wednesday)Get a call the day before and am told there is a delay.. Will be ready Friday.. Friday Morning I get a call telling end of next week..Friday afternoon I get a call telling me Tuesday Morning.. At that time I ask the salesman about some of the issues that were supposed to be fixed.. One was swollen house batteries( his response was they tested them there Ok..I then asked about the solar panels not working..he responded..There not going to fix that.... Ithen reminded him why I brought that particular MH was because he told me they do a complete PDI and everything will be working as original.... He then gave me a short answer and said he would check on it..I informed him it's a 2-3hr ride so I would appreciate not having to drive back down and would like the MH 100%.. He respond..Let me see what I can do... This was Friday ..My 4th rescheduled pickup day was supposed to be tomorrow ( May 25th).. Haven't heard from them so I'm guessing that's a no go to... .. I was happy... But this whole rescheduling thing is really starting to leave a bad taste....

Can you get out of the deal if they refuse to get the solar panels working? I would get the BBB involved.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #53

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Speed:
Hope you have the solar panel repair on the purchase order!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Solar panel issue is on the sheet.. But what gets me.. Is they didn't even bother looking at it.. Salesman said it was cracked..I explained to him that when I was up there inspecting roof it wasn't cracked.... He didn't say a word....so it sounds
Ike no one even bothered to check it.. Could be a fuse, blown led, loose connection on battery...doesn't seem like they even bothered to look at it.... If I don't hear from someone tomorrow... I will call one of the sales managers....getting a little nervous buying from them..I Thought they were squared away.. .. They seem real ham and eggs now...
Old 05-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #55

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Bought new (2014) Cornerstone in June 2014. Sink covers (granite) were chipped. Still waiting for LD to get me the correct sink covers. They did send some for an Aspire, though. Last coach from LD for us!
Still waiting. Salesman will not even respond to my emails now.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:32 AM   #56

They did the same thing to us was told the genny carb was bad and needed overhauling problem was that it wasn't a diesel unit it was a propane unit we were also told needed roof reseal then mysteriously it did not need one the tech who we were assured was a lifelong team member from his employee number made a mistake you know he works on so many coaches.
I got so many loads of crap could have filled a wheelbarrow.5 weeks to not fix a brake squeak told all was working according to manf specs NPF. We picked up coach and the brakes were louder than ever got the svc advisor and took her out to pkg lot drove 10 feet she was amazed that they could have missed that. Also the new antenna they supposedly installed was dangling on the fender and the installation kit was still in the coach on the floor along with the fuse box cover and the garbage from the tech. First trip we took the eng went into limp mode 7 times this is when the computer detects an issue and will only alow the coach to go 45mph fun fun. Took it in they wanted 1100 to replace the egr valve 4 hrs labor 525.0 part. All of this was not covered and good Sam extended warranty excludes the egr system. I did some research and found that the valve could be cleaned . Me being a retired tech pulled the EGR in less than 15 minutes and soaked and cleaned it reinstalled and test drove problem solved will a 10$ can of seafoam. Now am saving up for the retune of the computer system 625.00 that is a know issue with the MB 3.0 diesel engine. We also keep getting e mails and phone calls about trading it in for a super deal think we will be doing business elsewhere.

Tags
rust