Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2015, 05:19 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Rv purchases are a lot like like fish, the older they get, the worse they stink.

Decide whether you would take it the way it is for the agreed price. If the answer is NO, it is a good time to turn your back on the transaction.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:55 AM   #58

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Bottom line for me is I would never deal with Lazydays again. There are too many other dealers out there who do a much better job with customer service.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Rv purchases are a lot like like fish, the older they get, the worse they stink.

Decide whether you would take it the way it is for the agreed price. If the answer is NO, it is a good time to turn your back on the transaction.
With how far technology has com a 2009 rig with 14k on it I would not consider old especially a MB diesel. Wasn't an issue with the brakes just LD. Could have been fixed in 1 hr.
Mystictravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 AM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lazy days

After several calls to them and a trip to tampa they said they would call me back within 30 min. I don't know the exact date that was because after about a month of waiting for that 30 min. to go by I pitched the paper work.
Jim_ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well they rescheduled pickup for the 5th time for this Friday.... They assured me it would be ready... I have my Doubts Nut let's see...
Old 05-28-2015, 04:10 AM   #62

Good luck this time with the stadium sale I'd be surprised if it were ready. Got an e mail from my salesman asking if we were ready to trade lol after 4 months wonder what that would cost me.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:06 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Unfortunately, there are others like LD, who treat their customers like they don't exist, at best! I had another similar experience with Buddy Gregg, of Knoxville, TN. The words of the (GM) General Manager don't mean anything. I have written to the GM twice AFTER the sale. Believe it or not I wasn't even offered the courtesy to get an acknowledgement. If you don't receive the proper follow-up from a sale's rep you go to the GM, but when the GM ignores your request who else do you go to - BBB?? VERY disappointing, to say the least!!

I had a great experience with Buddy Gregg in Knoxville. I guess you were the exception.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #64

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Before we bought the Magna I contacted North Trail via email about a couple Newmars they had. Never got an answer so I called. They claimed they had sent emails and called and the were bad. No way since I had checked them a couple times and even sent them more than once. Oh well, they lost a possible $400,000 sale. Really liked the one rig too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:14 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
I had a great experience with Buddy Gregg in Knoxville. I guess you were the exception.
There are good and there are bad I have worked in the automotive industry for 45 years . We have had GM's that really cared about customer svc and then those who cared more about the numbers salespeople who cared about the customer and the ones who cared more about the bottom line . When you are making a purchase be it 10.00 or 500.000 $ you should be taken care of honestly and in a timely fashion. Just always remember they are there for your money not your friendship. I should have known better and done my homework.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:46 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Bottom line for me is I would never deal with Lazydays again. There are too many other dealers out there who do a much better job with customer service.
Who, pray tell, are these dealers you tell about who do everything right? Inquring minds want to know. It seems I hear complants about just about all of them.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #67

Stopped in at Lazy Days and North Trail in March before returning home. They were really to busy to spend anytime with us. The salesman at LD forgot we were coming and took the day off. No problem the receptionist tells us, we will get somebody else to help you. No thank you I said.
The salesman at North Trail left right in the middle of a presemntation of a Ventana to us because another customer showed up asking for him. We left there also.the salesman flagged me down as we were leaving and couldn't understand what the problem was......l of course my wife and I had to walk all the way back from the far side of the lot where the coach was parked. And if you've been to NT you know that's quite a distance. I say forget about either one of those places and go somewhere you are at least important enough to have a salesmans attention.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Who, pray tell, are these dealers you tell about who do everything right? Inquring minds want to know. It seems I hear complants about just about all of them.
First hand, I had a better experience from MHSRV in Alvarado, TX. In hindsight, I wish I'd bought from them. I've also heard consistently good stories about Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX and RV One in Orlando.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:26 AM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lazydays

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
I'm in Tampa at Lazydays right now, and I just need to vent. I'm here to pick up a 2015 Entegra Cornerstone, and I have gotten a complete runaround from these guys. Not at all what I expected based on their reputation.

I arrived here Friday evening and was expecting to sign paper work and do a walk through on Saturday, then move from my old coach on Sunday. I figured I'd stay a day or two to find any problems and then head the 1,000 miles back home.

Well... today is Monday, and they just started their initial inspection about an hour ago. I'm not retired, so I'm on a somewhat strict time schedule, which I've been telling them for weeks. They knew my constraints.

I was a sucker and took them at their word, so I signed the paper work and wrote the check on Saturday, then immediately afterward was informed of the "new" timeline. I feel like I was lied to and taken advantage of.

I special ordered the coach and waited 6 months for it to come in (and I absolutely do love the coach, by the way), but I am almost ready to walk on the deal since I'm so disgusted by the customer service here. I told my bank to put a hold on the check just in case.

Anyway, now that I've vented, I'm just curious if others have had good or bad experiences with Lazydays. Any thoughts or stories?
I have purchased 2 motor homes from Lazydays. I must say I feel I was treated well with both purchases. The service Mgr. I delt with name was Andy and salesman Steve. They were not pushover but done the best thay could for me. I was dealing on a much less expensive coach though.
68SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
I guess with LD now it's a hit and miss PDI. In following the forum's recent buyers from LD mostly miss. Bad service and exactly the same experience that RedRaider93 is now suffering thru. Check out Brobox and his delivery from hell with them. I recently tried to trade our present coach for a new Entegra and their offer was way off compared to others along with the quote, "mr. So and so has been the president of whatever their fancy service area is, and he values more used coaches than anyone in the business so therefore your coach is only worth X." He's recently been replaced by the way. Also I've read where some very valuable service managers have been replaced. Seems competition has forced a downturn in business and highly paid techs and service managers with new lower paid staff. This all is just my brief experience trying to trade and experiences of others comments on poor service from this forum. I'm sure some folks get the luck of the draw and a good experience, but come on now were talking a 400 K plus MH.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust