Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #71

LD did a great job selling us our first class A 9 years ago.Unfortunately they came up short in the service promises.

Last year we returned but did not buy because of the pressure tactics and poor attitudes.

North Trail quoted me 3 different prices on a used unit via email.

Orlando RV (RV One) Was very patient, no pressure tactics and professional. Great communication.Promptly returned my deposit when i decided to buy from a private individual.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
I haven't bought from Orlando RV One but have had very good conversations with Robin McKracken. He couldn't sell at the trade price vs. new bus but was fair with the transaction. Wish it would have happened but wasn't meant to be. Budgets are budgets!

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #73

Just amazed that these new units costing hundreds of thousands of dollars arrive at the dealers with numerous defects. Makes me wonder if the factories even look these over as well as they should. I purchased many new cars over the years that never went back to the dealers for repairs.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #74

One one hand, I will defend missing some minor things. Imagine how many things there are on a motorhome to potentially have a defect! Take all the things in a house and combine with all the things on a truck.

On the other hand, shouldn't there be a person whose job it is to simply go through standard checklists and sign off that everything is in good shape and the way it should be? I'm afraid the almighty dollar gets in the way of doing things right more times than not. Remember when "Made in America" was a statement of pride and quality?
Old 06-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
How did we get from the question of quality of service after the purchase to another topic of how lousy made in America RV's are? Thought we were discussing one entity LD? My comment is not a negative one. I'm very interested in LD versus RV One, vs North Trail, vs MHSRV. Hopefully, in the not to distant future the info will guide DW and I too a quality dealership.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #76

Been there, done that ...

I purchased two rigs from Lazy Days and wouldn't do it again. Once the deal is done the sales staff ignores calls and requests for help with service issues. After weeks of back and forth over several problems on a then-year old Fleetwood Southwind I finally wrote a letter to the president/CEO. The salesman was miffed and would not take or return calls, but I got back the money I spent at a garage that took care of the issues. Beware of their service department and their less than stellar work. Lazy Days, too, is a bit shady in their practices. For example, they like to get permission to repair chipped windshields on trade-ins, and billing your insurance carrier. My advice is to stay away from these people at all costs.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #77
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought two MH's from them and was very satisfied. I didn't think of calling the salesman when I needed service. I was assigned a service manager who took care of all my needs. My last deal with them was 2009. Maybe things have changed.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #78

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Very Frustrated with Lazy Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I bought two MH's from them and was very satisfied. I didn't think of calling the salesman when I needed service. I was assigned a service manager who took care of all my needs. My last deal with them was 2009. Maybe things have changed.

It would be interesting to use 2009 as a point of reference and work both ways and see the progression whether it good or bad. How long have they been in business, have they grown gradually and acquired all that property slowly. Their overhead has to be high regardless and the pressure to make sales quotas are probably high also. It would be nice to here from any ex sales people anonymously and hear what they have to say. 🙈🙉🙊

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #79

Just spent a few weeks at Tiffin Service in Red Bay Alabama and heard from many, many people about Lazy Days. Enough bad reports that I wouldn't consider them even if it was the only place to buy.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #80

They no longer do the quality control that was prevalent in the past. They are leaving the customer to take care of that on the customers time. I think they hope the customer would overlook things that the factory would take care of in the past before it left the factory....Where's the quality in these 1/2 million dollar and up coaches. I would be furious if this were a house that I bought that had that many defects in workmanship. He would either fix or be forced to go out of business in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #81

We are done going to trade it in at another dealer 7 trips 7 problems we had to turn around on Saturday 5 miles into our trip ck eng light again. Went to Tampa Truck Center and was treated very rudely and told without an appointment they can not look at our coach for 3 weeks [moderator edit ] they advertise express assessment 2 hours just wanted to know what was going on they acted like it would take hours to read a code. Taking it to MB this morning and then trading it in. What good is a coach that no one can work on. [ moderator edit ] IN TAMPA.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #82

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystictravel View Post
We are done going to trade it in at another dealer 7 trips 7 problems we had to turn around on Saturday 5 miles into our trip ck eng light again. Went to Tampa Truck Center and was treated very rudely and told without an appointment they can not look at our coach for 3 weeks [ moderator edit ]they advertise express assessment 2 hours just wanted to know what was going on they acted like it would take hours to read a code. Taking it to MB this morning and then trading it in. What good is a coach that no one can work on. [ moderator edit ] IN TAMPA.

What unit do you have I lost track in this thread.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:24 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
What unit do you have I lost track in this thread.

2009 Coachmen Freelander 3.0 ltr MB Diesel.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #84

Forest River Owners Club
I bought our current Berkshire from LD back in 2011 and was totally pleased with the experience... After receiving a list of the items (11 pages) from screws missing to bad sensor in fuel tank, I was blown away by their depth of inspections and willingness to make all corrections before delivery.... In fact - as we were about to depart, we had a warning light come on on dash informing of "water in fuel"... They immediately took coach over to shop where they discovered the bad sensor which was quickly replaced and we were headed home to Texas...

We would definitely go through LD again if we ever buy another rig.....

Tags
rust