Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #85
I had similar problem with Winnebago dealer in Forest City Iowa. Signed a contract on a Saturday and gave them credit card for $5000 until I got back to my bank on Monday. My bank on Monday needed more info so I called the dealer and didn't get a return call that day. I called again on Tuesday and was told by another sales person the unit was sold. I told her I was the buyer. No, She said the coach was delivered to the new owner on Monday. What a fraud of a dealership. Will NEVER do business with them and recommend others don't either. Now been told they have done this before.

rml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #86
Very Frustrated with Lazy Days

Salesman spent lots of time with me and allowed me to test drive five different motorhomes. After meeting with him on the forth day, we decided to purchase. The salesman was not pushy and pretty knowledgable. My sales experience at Camping World was much worse. Camping World did not want to spend any time with me because my wife was not with me. After voicing my opinion of the salesman to the sales manager, he had the nerve to ask when I was coming back with my wife. I answered, Not in this lifetime.

Lazydays sets the purchaser up at a campsite which has your trade right next to your new rig. A service writer is assigned to you and that person contacts the service department on your behalf. I had a list of 10 items that needed attention and the only one they did not complete was refinishing a blemish on the rear. However, they made an appointment with me to bring it back for their body shop to complete the repair. I took delivery of the unit in December 2013 and they had more than enough time to make sure I was happy. Sure they were busy and I had to wait, but I was able to go swimming, bike riding and site seeing while they worked on my coach. They even gave me coupons for breakfast and lunch. Do you have to make sure they know you are there, sure, but they were always pleasant and most of the time they came when they stated. We stayed there three days for repairs because we took delivery on Friday. We were pretty happy overall with our Lazydays delivery experience. I would buy another rig from them.

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
2007 VW EOS

Jim & Karin
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
2007 Volkswagen EOS
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:19 AM   #87
Originally Posted by Mystictravel View Post
We are done going to trade it in at another dealer 7 trips 7 problems we had to turn around on Saturday 5 miles into our trip ck eng light again. Went to Tampa Truck Center and was treated very rudely and told without an appointment they can not look at our coach for 3 weeks [moderator edit ] they advertise express assessment 2 hours just wanted to know what was going on they acted like it would take hours to read a code. Taking it to MB this morning and then trading it in. What good is a coach that no one can work on. [ moderator edit ] IN TAMPA.
Well took coach to MB 3 days to pull codes #2 glow plug failure 295.00 estimate. Low fuel volume code broken water separator bleed line 265.00 estimate for repairs. Battery passed all test recommend replacement because of age 285.00. Diagnostic fee 144.00. So I looked online and both of these repairs are very easy to complete went to Freightliner and picked up parts.

Fuel bleed line 43.00
Glow plug 28.00
time to do repairs start to finish 45 minutes literally pulled the upper eng cover and exposed bleed line removed retainer clips and it unsnapped from fuel filter. A 10mm socket an 5 minutes later glow plug replaced reinstalled eng cover done. Chose not to replace battery as it passed all test. Have to take it back to clear the codes Freightliner 50.00.

I know allot of guys can't do their own work but the cost of these repairs was absurd if they had given a realistic repair quote I would have no problem having the shop do it. I am finding more and more that RV owners are taking a bath on repairs. 145.00 hr labor rate is hwy robbery. So far have been very disappointed with the MB 3.0 diesel way to many small issues happening. Time to trade.
Mystictravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:22 AM   #88
I have experience with these people. In all my travels which included all lower 48 states, Alaska and most of Canada, I unfortunately found these people to be the worst. In fact, all my dealings with Florida people in the RV business were the the worst of any others. Good luck. Sorry I couldn't give more positive imput.
timothy8502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:23 AM   #89
Well after 7 trips and 7 failures we decided to trade her in we will take a bath on her but waiting 4 weeks to get a diagnosis is absurd the combination of poor service and a coach that has issues has soured us on the rv thinking . I know everything has issues but ever time we have taken it out something else goes wrong this time glow plugs and a fuel line. For 18k miles should not be having these kinds of issues. W e have Good Sam warranty but it's either not covered or falls just short of the deductible. Sorry LD but you get an F in my book.
Mystictravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #90
What kind of a motorhome did you buy? Make and model? Thanks.

timothy8502 is offline   Reply With Quote