Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
I believe I walked past your coach(or somebody's) in delivery late today. Beautiful coach!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #30
srh

Newmar Owners Club
LD would not be on my list of places to shop for an RV!

within the last few months, I have inquired about several motor homes I saw advertised by them online. I didn't get a single sincere response with followup from them. I had several responses from one of their sale's staff "Robert". He would say he would do this, this, and get back to me, but never got anything of substance. The same some sale's person from Arizona dealership.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
It Stinks! We pay big bucks for these things, and we pay in good faith.

When Lazy Days fail You-they fail all of Us. They have to perform according to the contract.

In Florida, a contact to the DMV does wonders. You do not own unless you sign, Pay & Drive off the lot. Do not drive over the curb until you get what you want done.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am sad to hear of your troubles but I know as Brobox stated this is absolutely the WORST possible time to experience a delivery from any of the top three dealers in FL. The Tampa show overwhelms everyone. This years show was the best sales since post recession. Still no excuse but at one point in my life I was a boat dealer and have experienced "crunch" times. I strongly believe the folks at LD or RVOne go many steps above others. Just the wrong time of the year. In response to their sales department, just recently I was in negotiations with LD and the correspondence with sales was excellent. We could not come to a deal on an Entegra. Demand is high and with a trade there just not dealing at a fair market value, IMO. Same with my experience at RVOne. Great communication just no dealing with a newer model trade in. I'll wait until mid 16 models have hit the showrooms and maybe they will deal or used new models will filter in. I agree totally that I'll trade you immediately and take your new coach PDI stress away!! Congratulations on a fine coach, enjoy!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #33
srh

Newmar Owners Club
LD is not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
It Stinks! We pay big bucks for these things, and we pay in good faith.

When Lazy Days fail You-they fail all of Us. They have to perform according to the contract.

In Florida, a contact to the DMV does wonders. You do not own unless you sign, Pay & Drive off the lot. Do not drive over the curb until you get what you want done.
Unfortunately, there are others like LD, who treat their customers like they don't exist, at best! I had another similar experience with Buddy Gregg, of Knoxville, TN. The words of the (GM) General Manager don't mean anything. I have written to the GM twice AFTER the sale. Believe it or not I wasn't even offered the courtesy to get an acknowledgement. If you don't receive the proper follow-up from a sale's rep you go to the GM, but when the GM ignores your request who else do you go to - BBB?? VERY disappointing, to say the least!!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Have you read some of the horror stories in the Entegra forum here on iRV2.com? I can't understand how they get away with treating a customer buying a half-million dollar coach the way you are being treated. Everybody says "get Entegra involved". Hope that will do you some good.

Since you're from TX, I'm curious why you chose to order thru LD and not MHS.
It shouldn't matter if it is a half million dollar coach or a five thousand dollar RV, the service/attention should be the same.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:04 AM   #35

Final update on my experience:

Well, I am now the proud new owner of a Cornerstone, and I have made the journey from Florida back to my home in Texas. The trip home in the new rig was FANTASTIC, although it is 30 degrees here right now and I miss the 85 degree weather we had in Florida last week!

Anyway, Lazydays mostly redeemed themselves toward the end of my stay. I was only one day late on my departure, and they seemed to do the best they could to get their act together.

I guess now that I've had a few days to reflect on it, here are my thoughts on LD. First, I think their facility is very impressive. It's beautiful with all the trees and everything, and the Crown Club area was very nice. Also, every individual person I dealt with there was very friendly, so that part is good.

The problem is (in my opinion) they are too big for their own good. The left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing, so the sales guy is promising one thing while the service guys are saying "we're swamped, we can't do that". To me, they seemed overwhelmed by the number of customers having demands at the same time (which I guess is a good problem to have if you're them).

I think if I was retired and had a very flexible schedule, I would probably buy from them again. As long as you have indefinite time to wait, they will take very good care of you while you're waiting. And Florida isn't the worst place to hang out and kill time.

For me, the problem was that I still have a job and young kids at home, so I had a definite deadline when I needed to wrap things up and get home. My frustration was that they knew my timeline for weeks in advance, yet they weren't able to deliver on it. I ended up having less than 24 hours in the new coach before I had to leave town. I would have much preferred to have at least 2 or 3 days to troubleshoot before leaving.

All that being said, having bought at both MHS and now LD, my final thought is if you're retired and have time to kill, go ahead and try LD. They probably do a better job of making it a memorable overall "experience" than MHS. However, I found MHS to be much more streamlined in the delivery process, and I think they are more likely to get you in and out quickly if that's what you need. Also, I thought MHS did a better more thorough job on their walkthroughs than LD.

So... the most important thing is I have a new coach that I love very much, and this afternoon I leave with my daughters to head for Big Bend!!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #36
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
Final update on my experience:

All that being said, having bought at both MHS and now LD, my final thought is if you're retired and have time to kill, go ahead and try LD. They probably do a better job of making it a memorable overall "experience" than MHS. However, I found MHS to be much more streamlined in the delivery process, and I think they are more likely to get you in and out quickly if that's what you need. Also, I thought MHS did a better more thorough job on their walkthroughs than LD.

So... the most important thing is I have a new coach that I love very much, and this afternoon I leave with my daughters to head for Big Bend!!
Thanks for the update, congratulations and enjoy your new coach!
I, too think, MHSRV is top drawer for several reasons: They don't haggle much on the price whether it is a pre-owned RV or a new one. Try to find that in LD!! I found their sales staff to be very cooperative and punctual. They sold a coach for me on a consignment and I was very pleased how they interacted with me and the prospective buyer(s). Thant to me was very important!
Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #37

This seems to be what I experience at the dealer I bought mine from. ----

The problem is (in my opinion) they are too big for their own good. The left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing, so the sales guy is promising one thing while the service guys are saying "we're swamped, we can't do that". To me, they seemed overwhelmed by the number of customers having demands at the same time (which I guess is a good problem to have if you're them).
Old 03-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
I also think it is the time of the year you purchase ... right now snowbirds are all over the place in Florida and are trying to get their rigs ready to head back up north in a month or so. So ... probably every RV service place is swamped.

Personally, I bought from LD in Tampa in December and did my pickup, walk through, etc. the last week of December/first week of January. Yes, they were busy, and some folks had taken the week off ... but, I was given lots of attention and everything that needed to be done, was done quickly and efficiently. BTW ... love the Crown Club!

Glad you are back home and all the delivery is behind you. See you in Kerrville, hopefully. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Very Frustrated with Lazy Days

We are on day 5 of waiting for service. We had 14 items on our list, clearly communicated prior to our arrival. About half of the list is completed and NOTHING has been done yesterday or so far today. Some of the things we need done do not need parts, and other items should be here by now if the had been ordered when we got here.

The grounds are lovely and the crown club sure beats a Camping World waiting room, but the truth is we rather be somewhere else. Can anyone recommend a dealership in Florida where an appointment means they work on your coach in a more timely manner?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
donnariley53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnariley53 View Post
We are on day 5 of waiting for service. We had 14 items on our list, clearly communicated prior to our arrival. About half of the list is completed and NOTHING has been done yesterday or so far today. Some of the things we need done do not need parts, and other items should be here by now if the had been ordered when we got here.

The grounds are lovely and the crown club sure beats a Camping World waiting room, but the truth is we rather be somewhere else. Can anyone recommend a dealership in Florida where an appointment means they work on your coach in a more timely manner?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Unfortunately, many dealers think an "appointment" is when you can bring it in and LEAVE it for them to ignore, while they take care of other customers who are unwilling to play that game. At least you are there in their face, and about all you can do is keep pestering them, until they get so tired of you that they will fix enough issues to get you to leave.

I really HATE being this cynical, but that's the way it is in a LOT of places.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
I assume I am just a old cranky man. But it doesn't seem right for the dealer to take on more than they can handle. They knew they were going to busy that time of year. If they told OP that is was the busy time when he made arrangements for delivery he might have come to dealer at later date or been prepared to wait. I also think that most bussness that big, are just like the Govt. to big to know what is happening in the large operation. I was in bussness for 38 years . My company had to explain many times to coustermers that we would love to have there bussness but we just couldn't do them justic , we were backed up with jobs. Most of the time people would understand . We assured them when we got there bussness we would work hard for them, and we made sure we did. didn't have people bashing us for not doing what we promised .
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Pictures!
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust