Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #1

Very Frustrated with Lazy Days

I'm in Tampa at Lazydays right now, and I just need to vent. I'm here to pick up a 2015 Entegra Cornerstone, and I have gotten a complete runaround from these guys. Not at all what I expected based on their reputation.

I arrived here Friday evening and was expecting to sign paper work and do a walk through on Saturday, then move from my old coach on Sunday. I figured I'd stay a day or two to find any problems and then head the 1,000 miles back home.

Well... today is Monday, and they just started their initial inspection about an hour ago. I'm not retired, so I'm on a somewhat strict time schedule, which I've been telling them for weeks. They knew my constraints.

I was a sucker and took them at their word, so I signed the paper work and wrote the check on Saturday, then immediately afterward was informed of the "new" timeline. I feel like I was lied to and taken advantage of.

I special ordered the coach and waited 6 months for it to come in (and I absolutely do love the coach, by the way), but I am almost ready to walk on the deal since I'm so disgusted by the customer service here. I told my bank to put a hold on the check just in case.

Anyway, now that I've vented, I'm just curious if others have had good or bad experiences with Lazydays. Any thoughts or stories?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I bought two MH's from them with great results. It is busy season for them now and they must be overwhelmed although some members have recently posted positive things. Being the largest dealer in the Country has benefits and negatives. Hope it all works out for you and congrats on your new MH.

Here's a link to some previous threads.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Lazy...com&gws_rd=ssl

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our experience with Lazy Days was very positive- however we were not purchasing but having repairs done. Everyone was friendly, eager to please, and most obliging. We were kept informed every step of the way. The repairs took several days, so they made the RV assessable to us at night- we slept in it right in the bay. Hope your experience gets better for you!
shamrock49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
I was a sucker and took them at their word, so I signed the paper work and wrote the check on Saturday, then immediately afterward was informed of the "new" timeline. I feel like I was lied to and taken advantage of.

I told my bank to put a hold on the check just in case.
Nice move. I think that stopping payment on the check and putting them on notice of "your new timeline" could be the most effective tool you have. I don't blame you at all. There is another long running thread here about the same issues with LD.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Have you read some of the horror stories in the Entegra forum here on iRV2.com? I can't understand how they get away with treating a customer buying a half-million dollar coach the way you are being treated. Everybody says "get Entegra involved". Hope that will do you some good.

Since you're from TX, I'm curious why you chose to order thru LD and not MHS.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post

Since you're from TX, I'm curious why you chose to order thru LD and not MHS.
Funny you should ask. I actually bought my current RV from MHS and it was a positive experience. I chose LD this time partly because they were slightly better on price, but mostly because I was curious to see the Lazydays "experience" that I had heard so much about. The grounds here are beautiful and there are many positive things to say about this place, but at the moment, I am certainly regretting my decision to come all this way instead of going with MHS. Oh well, live and learn...
Old 03-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #7

Don't exactly remember the particulars but had a friend that was getting numerous delays on service work after having a blow-out tire and so he posted a comment on social media. In his opinion that suddenly made them much more responsive. Might be worth a try.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
My experience with LD was great. I bought a coach from LD Tampa during the Supershow last year. I had to come back home to the west coast so we agreed on some things that needed attention and they delivered it to LD Tucson where I picked it up. Everything they said they would do, which included a new sat dish and a new bed, was done to my satisfaction. We had a glitch with my trade in, but we resolved that and both of us were satisfied. My only issue was that LD Tucson wasn't used to American Coach so none of their PDI people knew much about them. Everyone I came in contact with at Tampa and Tucson were professional and helpful.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider93 View Post
I'm in Tampa at Lazydays right now, and I just need to vent. I'm here to pick up a 2015 Entegra Cornerstone, and I have gotten a complete runaround from these guys. Not at all what I expected based on their reputation.

I arrived here Friday evening and was expecting to sign paper work and do a walk through on Saturday, then move from my old coach on Sunday. I figured I'd stay a day or two to find any problems and then head the 1,000 miles back home.

Well... today is Monday, and they just started their initial inspection about an hour ago. I'm not retired, so I'm on a somewhat strict time schedule, which I've been telling them for weeks. They knew my constraints.

I special ordered the coach and waited 6 months for it to come in (and I absolutely do love the coach, by the way), but I am almost ready to walk on the deal since I'm so disgusted by the customer service here. I told my bank to put a hold on the check just in case.

Anyway, now that I've vented, I'm just curious if others have had good or bad experiences with Lazydays. Any thoughts or stories?

Congrats on the new rig! I'm sure it will be worth all the frustration you're experiencing now!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #10

Congrats on your new Cornerstone, sure it is a beauty. Life would be simpler with dealers that would work well with customers. Everything I've heard over the years is LD is one of the better dealers. Hope your issues are resolved quickly so you can get back to enjoying your new coach on the road to Texas.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Back in 2006 when I was considering a replacement for a sour 2005 Holiday Rambler, I (and my son) rode around the parking lot with one of their salesmen.

For 23 minutes he constantly pulled up to rv's and chortled "Thats out of your price range", as he spit out pieces of his sandwich, and then drove to the next one. Seriously.

Lazy? Yes, I agree.

Sad to see they are just as bad.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #12

Worst sales and service expieriennce ever.

Bough a new coach in Dec took them 4 days to deliver it and fix everything that was wrong which was 3 screws missing from the antenna positioner luckily I live around the corner from them but it was awful after delivery we had some issues were told to bring it in right away 3 weeks later and more excuses than I can remember we picked it back up I got 10 feet and had to go back in left it for another week and finally got it back one of the tech's that worked on our coach told us that he thought a noise we were hearing was the turbo winding up my coach does not have a turbo hmmm. Our biggest issue was a water leak 3 weeks to fix a water leak it was in the shop a total of 4 weeks right after we took delivery will not return to them.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #13

We tried to buy a 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus from LD in December but after sending in our financial statement I couldn't get the sales person to call back. I'm sure the unit we had been talking about was sold out from under us so he was stalling. We went to MHSRV and bought a new Thor from them without any hassle. Two weeks after we settled in to our new coach the LD salesperson called and wanted to finish the deal. I'm sure Lazy Days is the second happiest place in central Florida but we have no use for it.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #14
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Careful on putting a hold on the check. That is a promissory note and a contract. I'm no lawyer but that one could cause you some problems. Some sort of compensation would be appropriate.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust