Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #1

Vista 31ke driver's seat interference issue...

I have a 2014 Vista 31ke. After much fiddling I was able to turn the driver's side seat around so it pretty much faces the living room area. The issue now is the steering wheel getting in the way and covering up the left armrest. Question: What's the secret to getting the steering wheel to clear the driver's side seat completely if I want to face the living space?
n_rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_rags View Post
I have a 2014 Vista 31ke. After much fiddling I was able to turn the driver's side seat around so it pretty much faces the living room area. The issue now is the steering wheel getting in the way and covering up the left armrest. Question: What's the secret to getting the steering wheel to clear the driver's side seat completely if I want to face the living space?
i've never been able to get that to work either...
seems it only works in the brochers
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't remember the sequence but you have to adjust both the tilt steering wheel and the seat must be all the way back and the back rest must be forward and as I recall the arm rest in the down position. This is on our Sightseer. Took me a while to figure out the right combination and it is still a tight fit. Experiment.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From my Vista manual:

Tilt the steering wheel all the way up and put the left armrest down.
•Move the seat rearward fully and then ahead a few inches.
•Swivel the seat to the right until it just contacts the steering wheel, then move the seat ahead all the way to clear the steering wheel.
•Swivel the seat the rest of the way to face the living area.
•Position the tilt wheel down and to provide maximum clearance to recline the seat.
•Reverse the procedure to face the seat.

I can never remember how myself...
Old 12-31-2014, 03:37 PM   #5

To add to DrJag's reply - also be sure the seat is at the lowest vertical position. Sometimes I also have to bring the seat back forward to tilt the left armrest a bit lower.
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #6

yep same problems the more ya do it the better you get at it i never found that in the manuel
Old 01-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #7

Once the seat is swiveled to face the living area pull the seat forward completely. Depending on the angle the seat is turned and the seat back tilt, there may still be some slight interference between the steering wheel and left arm rest.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #8

Well, many thanks for all of the suggestions and comments. They indicated that some people never got rid of the steering wheel on the left armrest interference issue... whilst others seemed to get it to work.

I will give it another try today.

Again, much appreciated.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #9

here you go....

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #10

N_Rags mine works fine. The manual is correct with clarification and one addition shown in red italics below:

Tilt the steering wheel all the way up and put the left armrest down.
•Move the seat rearward fully and then ahead a few inches.
•Swivel the seat to the right (90 degrees) until it just contacts the steering wheel, then move the seat ahead all the way to clear the steering wheel.
•Tilt the seat forward all the way
•Swivel the seat the rest of the way to face the living area.
•Position the tilt wheel down and to provide maximum clearance to recline the seat.
•Reverse the procedure to face the seat.
emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #11

--- SUCCESS ----

Thanks to emcee, 2forcefull, LadyJ, Spanuts, DrJAG, and Pepper2 for the great information.

I was able to get the seat around and cleared the steering wheel. The seat faces the right way and is now quite useable.

The hardest part is remembering the sequence but I'll get the hang of it.

Regards to all...
Old 01-03-2015, 10:49 PM   #12

Thanks for the reply. Now, it is time to practice for that emergency get-a-way.

My first time, trying to leave on time, was a challenge. I completely forgot how to turn the seat forward.

Practice makes perfect.

Jackie
ToucanRV.wordpress.com

Tags
driver