Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
VMSpc - Recalibrating fuel usage/MPG

For you folks with a Silverleaf VMSpc, I am looking for confirmation that I am adjusting the proper parameter when attempting to fine tune the my fuel usage and MPG calculation, primarily for my Trip Odometer which I reset with each tank fill and my Tank Minder. VMSpc is always showing lower fuel usage/better MPG than actual. In the parameter editor I have been adjusting Rolling MPG. It seems better most of the time but I would like to get it even closer.

So for those who have mastered the parameter editor can you tell me if Rolling MPG is the proper parameter to be adjusting or if I should be adjusting Fuel Rate instead? I haven't tried playing around with the Fuel Rate parameter and don't want to introduce too many changes and drive myself crazier than I already am.

Any recommendations?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

You have to go into "advanced" and click on "engine corrections". Then click on "Fuelmeter". Here you change the "factor" and say OK. I had to do it three times over three fill-ups to get it correct and it must be done on fill-ups when no diesel has been used for heat or generator use. When you change the factor and say OK, it will change the mpg and "fuel Used". When you get the right correction factor entered, the fuel used will match what you actually pumped in. I now have it almost exactly what actual is. Be sure and save the file before shutting the computer down or it will revert back to the previous setting. My correction factor now, is 1.0395.

Good luck

Old 09-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much Crasher. I completely overlooked the Engine Corrections section and thought that the Parameter Editor was the place to make the adjustments. I just removed my adjustment in the PE section and followed your advice. We are leaving next week for Albuquerque so I'll have a chance to begin the fine tuning process.

Thanks again...
Old 09-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Thanks so much Crasher. I completely overlooked the Engine Corrections section and thought that the Parameter Editor was the place to make the adjustments. I just removed my adjustment in the PE section and followed your advice. We are leaving next week for Albuquerque so I'll have a chance to begin the fine tuning process.

Thanks again...
Just curious. I see you have a wrangler. Have you checked into The FMCA 4-wheelers club? It's a great group of motorhome people of all ages that enjoy off-roading in their Jeeps. Many are retired. We have several rallies in the southwest. Yuma, Havasu, Moab, Florence, AZ, St. George, Colorado. The next rally is in Elephant Butte, NM on Thanksgiving week. Lots of trails and good fun with like minded people.

FMCA4wheelers.com
Old 09-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Crasher, I have had an eye on the FMCA 4 Wheeler group but several factors have kept me from joining. Not the least of which is the fact that I'm not yet retired... that darn work stuff just gets in the way of so many more important things. It is definitely on our future FUN list so your reminder is certainly appreciated. It would be great to combine some quality dirt time and RV'er time with a group and we are looking forward to it.

Tags
fuel