Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KS vs. DS observations

2008 model year was the last for KS models.

seemed that to many people were purchasing the KS because it had a lower base price and then optioning it up to almost a DS.

so, a 2009 > DS seems to be more like an upgraded KS.

the 2004 KS may have been optioned up to almost a DS.

KSDP_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #16

I have a 1999 Dutchstar with one slide, 300 Cat engine. We have been full-timing for almost 6 years and have been VERY happy with it. I have found that most Newmar owners are.

I suggest with your time restraints that you surf the net until you find the type of rig you want then do a Google on it.

Check out Used RVs, Motorhomes, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes they show floor plans as well as prices that will give you an idea of an appropriate price.

They also have a listing for prices paid for rigs over the last several months which is handy.

Good luck and be blessed.

mw

Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
thank you...I found it

thank you... I found it. I put a deposit on the Newmar yesterday and we are bringing it in to camping world to give their 45 point check list inspection. The people that owned it were meticulous and the motor home looks perfect...but i just want to feel more comfortable since it is my first RV and i am leaving in about two weeks for a 1500 mile trip to volunteer in a state park at the end of Long Island New York... It is a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star with 370 cummins ISL engine and Spartan Transmission, 3 slides and extremely well maintained. I am looking forward to the adventure...I am trying to not let the "unknowns" bother me. Thank you, allen

P.S. i think i need to figure out how to delete this request i originally made....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandClaudia View Post
I have a 1999 Dutchstar with one slide, 300 Cat engine. We have been full-timing for almost 6 years and have been VERY happy with it. I have found that most Newmar owners are.

I suggest with your time restraints that you surf the net until you find the type of rig you want then do a Google on it.

Check out Used RVs, Motorhomes, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes they show floor plans as well as prices that will give you an idea of an appropriate price.

They also have a listing for prices paid for rigs over the last several months which is handy.

Good luck and be blessed.

mw
Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #18

I was about to advise you to take your time on the purchase because it normally takes a very long time to sort out all of the features you want and match them to makes and models. The make and model you bought is excellent and the owner taking meticulous care of it is most important. I would pay a bit more just to know the rig was well cared for. A diesel chassis has the advantage of lasting a very long time if cared for. The downside is that repairs can get very expensive if needed. In my case I have gone nine years with no repairs needed on my diesel chassis so it is working for me. You will have an exhaust or engine brake as well as air brakes. These usually come with a diesel chassis and they are a must for me. Good luck with your purchase.

Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote