Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2016, 08:28 AM   #1

Warranty questions.

Morning to all. My wife and I are purchasing an Allegro Bus and have a few warranty questions.
1. ECP protection and warranty. I have not gotten a price but sounds like a good investment for outside UV protection and inside fabric, counters, etc protection.
Your thoughts?

2. Tire Warrenty. 5 year protection, replacement and delivery for free.
For real?

3. Extended Warranty. Doesn't say how long it's for or a price. 100% parts and labor for $200 deductible.
Anyone have this and is it worth it?

Thanks, Steve
StevieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
Morning to all. My wife and I are purchasing an Allegro Bus and have a few warranty questions.
1. ECP protection and warranty. I have not gotten a price but sounds like a good investment for outside UV protection and inside fabric, counters, etc protection.
Your thoughts?

2. Tire Warrenty. 5 year protection, replacement and delivery for free.
For real?

3. Extended Warranty. Doesn't say how long it's for or a price. 100% parts and labor for $200 deductible.
Anyone have this and is it worth it?

Thanks, Steve
1. Scam, Your paying a high, high price for a wax job, and when you have a problem they won't pay the claim.

2. Another Scam, when you have a problem they never have a matching tire in stock and want to replace it with a cheapo recap, also they can't find any one to come replace it in your area. So your left to find a replacement tire and installation yourself and submit the bill. Then they refuse to pay.

3. While there are a FEW good extended warranty companies around, most are worthless and will find some excuse to not cover what ever is broken. Read the policy VERY closely for what is NOT covered and what hoops you have to jump through to get something covered.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THE DEALER TELLS YOU ABOUT ADD-ON WARRANTIES AND SERVICES. THEY SELL THESE TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY AT VIRTUALLY NO COST.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
1. Scam, Your paying a high, high price for a wax job, and when you have a problem they won't pay the claim.

2. Another Scam, when you have a problem they never have a matching tire in stock and want to replace it with a cheapo recap, also they can't find any one to come replace it in your area. So your left to find a replacement tire and installation yourself and submit the bill. Then they refuse to pay.

3. While there are a FEW good extended warranty companies around, most are worthless and will find some excuse to not cover what ever is broken. Read the policy VERY closely for what is NOT covered and what hoops you have to jump through to get something covered.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THE DEALER TELLS YOU ABOUT ADD-ON WARRANTIES AND SERVICES. THEY SELL THESE TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY AT VIRTUALLY NO COST.
Totally agree with every point of this assessment.

I use to have staff that sold 'service contracts' (that's what they legally are, they are NOT extended warranties), and would recommend against them as a waste of money. Put the amount you would pay for one into a bank account. Add to it periodically.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #4

Thanks for your input on the warranties. I guess it's like a best buy tv warranty. They cost $30 and they charge $400 for it.

Steve
StevieT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty