RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #1

Washer/Dryer all-in-one

Our Splendide 2.0 died. Very bad short in our electrical system. They, at Splendide gave folks to call in Alabama, but to no avail.
What small 2.0 combo do y'all tend to use or recommend?
There's Splendide, Magic Chef, Haier, Equator, .....
Any recommendations? Going in Class A Coachmen Cross Country 37. (Unfortunately, the LG 2.? Is 3" too deep).

Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
Decrepit Forum Advocate

I'd strongly recommend going with another Splendide. I know others might disagree but that's the nature of these forums in that we all have our own opinions.

Splendide is one of the few that you'll be able to find in a vented model. Splendide units are compact and as you noted, other brands may not fit in the space you have as some are a bit larger in their dimensions. Splendide are one of the quietest combos you'll find out there. Splendide units are relatively reliable and have been used in RVs for many years. They are also designed to be used in an RV environment.

Yes they cost more but I think worth it. Again, just my opinion.

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #3

Had one minor issue with my Splendid in 13 years. One call to Westland Sales and I had the parts on the way the same day. It never gave me any pause for concern. I would instal one again no questions asked.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #4

I agree as it relates to my part time use of MH. Pillow cases, sheets, towels, socks, undergarments, etc. For a two week trip.

If I were full timing I would consider a separate stackable unit...or just deal with the campground laundromat drudgery...NOT.

JMHO.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #5

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
We replaced our 17 year old ventid Splendide with a new non vented Splendide.
We live in our coach 7 to 8 months a year and other than the bedding.
She usses the Splendide 100 percent.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #6

We have a stacked set and the drain pump went out on the washer. Ok, I pull it out of the closet and decide to take it out of the bathroom, into the kitchen where I would have more room.
I'll be danged if the washer isn't 22" wide and the pocket doors are 20"
Must have built the coach around them.

Be sure to measure the unit to make sure you have a way out/in.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
We replaced our 17 year old ventid Splendide with a new non vented Splendide.
We live in our coach 7 to 8 months a year and other than the bedding.
She usses the Splendide 100 percent.
We live full-time in our MH and use our non-vented Splendide all the time. If you define "bedding" as sheets we use it for that also. Washing a quilt is where we draw the line and go to a commercial laundry.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #8

Description of Splendide Vented and Ventless Laundry Centers

WOW interesting read. I had to see how it works. Condenses warm damp air using 5 gallons cool water .
Would it hurt when your boon docking and clean tank gets warm or hose is getting toasty in the sun ? Does trickle feed "off hose "or grab n store larger quantity of water quickly to make sure its gets coldest water?
Or maybe its not a factor and I'm over thinking it and just thinking out loud.
I guess if boon docking you wouldn't want to wash a lot of clothes but I know alot of RVers run on clean water tank in CGs for a lot good reasons too.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #9
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Would it hurt when your boon docking and clean tank gets warm or hose is getting toasty in the sun ? Does trickle feed "off hose "or grab n store larger quantity of water quickly to make sure its gets coldest water?
Or maybe its not a factor and I'm over thinking it and just thinking out loud.
I think the ventless dryer is rated as using ~1.5 gal water/hr of drying. If you boondock this water would have to be accounted for. If the "cold water" gets real warm there does seem to be a bit of degradation of the cooling process, but the clothes do still get dry. Water in liquid form is always going to be colder than the vapors coming off the clothes. They will still condense. Don't overthink the problem!
Old 04-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #10
Decrepit Forum Advocate

We're kind of hijacking this thread as this isn't the topic but there are a lot of other discussions on this forum about this:

I personally would not want to use a Spendide when boondocking --for a variety of reasons.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Had one minor issue with my Splendid in 13 years. One call to Westland Sales and I had the parts on the way the same day. It never gave me any pause for concern. I would instal one again no questions asked.

How did you know what part to order? Who did your trouble shooting? I've called the RV shops they said to call in our area, they said "No. We do not work on them. We just replace them."
Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #12
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
How did you know what part to order? Who did your trouble shooting? I've called the RV shops they said to call in our area, they said "No. We do not work on them. We just replace them."
The people at Westland Sales are very helpful with respect to troubleshooting.

As for shops to repair the appliance, you should talk to local mobile RV technicians. Westland will support warranty work, for example, done by any RVIA-certified technician.

I had no trouble finding a mobile tech who would work on my Splendide a couple of years ago when it needed its main control board replaced. In actuality, the machines have a rather small number of key parts and are rather easy to work on if you can get access to them inside the tight space in an RV.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
Since Im a really good mechanic and the part I needed was obvious it was a no brainer. The door handle broke, so what to order? Easy. Westland Sales are great people to deal with. We were camp hosting at the time, so one call, give them my CC number and we had the part the next day. Took me all of 30 minutes to instal it. If your not thst mechanically inclined, call Westland explain your issue and they will recoment what they think is the issue.

We started with a ventless model. One season and we realized it was a huge mistake. Sold it on craigslist and bought a vented. Never happier. The vented work soo much better. Never could get clothes completely dry with the ventless. More like boiled semi dry.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:58 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Fortunately there are people who remove their Splendide so you should be able to find a slightly used 2100XC for $400.

Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote