Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Have the Whirlpool stacked with externally vented dryer.
You can dry one load while washing another.
Remember - the fancier you get,the bigger the repair bill !

That being said we got by for years rving with no onboard laundry equipment.

Bob
the trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #16

Splendid vented model

Bonus of all in one unit is set it and leave it. No need to wait and switch from washer to dryer. Who cares how long it takes as we usually walk away and unload when we get back from where ever we have been to.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
I agree with waroland. I believe your 2009 Magellan is plumbed for a combo unit only so unless you're willing to do extensive modifications and give up either counter or storage/cabinet space, you're probably going to be limited to a combo unit. The most used combo for RV applications is the Splendide.

Since I believe that both 37' Magellans have floor plans which put the washer/dryer combo against an outside wall, you'll be able to easily use a vented model. A vented model will be much more efficient and will actually allow you to dry clothes where a non-vented (or ventless) model will take literally hours to dry anything. A vented unit will require you to cut a hole to the outside, however.

We've used a vented model in several RVs and are satisfied with the drying capabilities ...it's not like having a home dryer, though. However, as mentioned, a ventless model will take "forever" to dry things.

If you are buying a new one, the vented model will be the 2100XC. It can be seen here on the Splendide website CLICK.

Here it is to purchase at RVUpgrades (an iRV2 sponsor and forum founder): CLICK ...or at Camping World, CLICK ...or shop around for the best price.
Your post got me thinking. What is the difference between the plumbing and setup for a combo vs a stacked pair? I have a combo Splendide, and had actually considered changing to a stacked pair at some point. Do the stacked dryers that are used operate on 110 or 220v? Other than that, you still have hot and cold water, the drain for the washer and the vent for the dryer. If the dryer is 220, would have to do some electrical work to make that work. If its 110, then should work fine.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Bonus of all in one unit is set it and leave it. No need to wait and switch from washer to dryer. Who cares how long it takes as we usually walk away and unload when we get back from where ever we have been to.

x 2 on this. We just spent three week in the Florida Keys, along with some friends in another RV. When they first saw our coach, they said they would never give up the storage space for a washer! On at least 4 occasions when they were sitting in the Laundromat watching their clothes go round and round, my DW and I were, Kayaking, Trail Walking, Beach Combing, Swimming, or just plain lounging around. Take you pick.

Yes, it was tough doing more laundry loads than they had trips to the coin eater, (the drum is small) but we put the laundry in, ignore it for three hours, or better yet, get up in the morning and take the clean/dry laundry out of the washer/dryer!

x 3 on the VENTED Splendide though, you REALLY don't want the ventless version!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by markchioda View Post
i just took a our very lightly used Splendide 2100 out of our Monaco Dynasty almost all of our trips are one day or two days so better half wants more storage space for - you guessed it, her clothes and shoes. Because we almost never used it, i pulled it out and replaced it with shelving. What little we did use it, it worked just fine! Waroland is right on, you want a vented version and this is a vented version, which dries significantly better than the newer non vented (condensing) units. Make me an offer! i'll even put it on a pallet and secure the drum for shipping ...

How much do you want for the unit, and where are you? See post above, our friends are looking for a Splendide, vented, all in one!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #20

Voncluck

As far as a combo goes we have not used ours but a couple of times since we brought our coach. It is very slow and takes a long time to dry when there is only a few items in the tub. For me not worth the money.
voncluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #21

Splendide 2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
How much do you want for the unit, and where are you? See post above, our friends are looking for a Splendide, vented, all in one!
I am located in upstate New York but i can get it ready for shipping if needed. As far as price goes I am looking for a reasonable offer. I haven't looked at what these things cost new but it seems to me that half of the new price would be fair. Email me at scm@scmassocIates.com for photos.
markchioda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #22

Another option to think about is the LG apartment model which is ventless. We have had ours going on 7 years and it has been issue free. The reason for going with the LG as opposed to the Splendide was the size and the warranty. LG has larger capacity and the warranty was 5 years as opposed to 1. DW would not be without one.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #23

We have the Splendide and it has 3 different cycles. We usually use the second cycle, it dries the clothes without too many wrinkles or being too hot. We have friends who have the stackable and they like it because they can wash a load while a load is drying. The Splendide has a delay start feature that I really like. If we are going out exploring for the day, I put the delay start for about 2 or 3 hours before we expect to get back, that way the clothes are just about ready when we get there. That's a neat feature.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #24

Dryer at home takes between 25 and 40 minutes. Splendid vented combo takes between 45 and 90 minutes to dry. I really so no real advantage to a stacked pair. If you decide on a combo unit, be absolutely sure you pick a vented unit. They dry much much better. We camp host all summer so our combo unit gets a real work out, we usually do a load every other day, except when we change bedding. Then we try to do two loads in one day.