Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we have a pinnacle combo unit - VERY happy with it
it makes washing and drying clothes so convenient

and for sure - get the outside vented model!
FYI; with our model, there are options on the cycles that dictate the length of the wash (doesn't have to be 40 minutes)

peter & larry... tiffin 2015 allegro 36LA ~ chevy 2009 HHR tow
we're here... http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=12260
our blog... http://wllrtr.tumblr.com
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
a k
Newmar Owners Club
I just changed out my Splendide with the new Splendide XC model. Still a piece of crap, but thats all you can get

PS you don't need to buy special hoses, they come with new ones.

Discount RV on line in Illinois. Best price delivered. less than a grand
Also, Jim is right about the jeans. I did two pair at once and it shook so bad the wires pulled loose and shorted the control board. If anybody needs any parts except the control board, I got one sitting in my basement. I even have the two chunks of concrete that they use for counterbalance.

a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
Wow…this post is almost as controversial as asking which oil is best!

2003 Fleetwood Discovery 38T Pusher
Cdn-Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #18
Unfortunely or maybe fortunely my washer does not dump into the holding tank making it necessary to be hooked up to the sewer before using. (Don't ask how I found out). If you install a dryer unit that is vented to the outside then measure three times before cutting vent opening. Helped friend cut opening in a Dutch Star using a Newmar template and found it wasn't accuate. Had to modify vent pipe to fit to dryer
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #19
Another reason to use a ventless machine.
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have taken some pretty long trips and have been gone for extended periods of time. This would not have been possible without our W/D combo.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
I also vote for the Splendide. I wouldn't be without it and prefer it to the stackable because it gives me extra storage. Like some others said I wash a lot more than 1 pair of jeans. For the almost 3 years I have it, I having been doing a weeks worth of clothes (yes, that's a fresh change every day lol) at a time without any problems and very little wrinkling. The only time I get out the iron is for something I would iron using a stix house laundry which isn't often. My bed sheets are the knit, tee shirt type material, quite heavy when wet and I have never had a problem washing them with a couple towels. They also don't take any longer to dry than when I use to dry them in a conventional dryer. I do have the vented one which I have heard dries better than the ventless but have not verified that. Someone told me they were told that when they were purchasing one to install.

It is sooo nice for me not having to use campground or commercial laundramats.
2007 Winnebago Journey 36'
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #22
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone who has a problem with bad vibration should have it checked to make sure the installer removed the factory shipping blocks, if they didn't, a bad vibration is the result. If you have limited ability for this install I'd highly recommend having a professional do the install. RVhauler, where was your washer drain connected? It's fairly easy to route it into your grey water holding tank.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 300 Cat
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Officially fulltiming. The Journey Begins
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #23
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by ron55 View Post
I have a Splendide 2000 vented and so far has been great runs 2 or 3 times almost every day since 2005. when It breaks I plan to get the stack model. I purchased it from camping world and installed it myself. Yes they do have to run a lot because they don,t wash a very big load and you have to learn how to use them, beats going to the laundromat. I fish a lot so I have went to all Nylon clothes and it does real good on nylon

Just curious as to where you installed the WD as we also have the 05 Voyage 33v.
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
Our coach came plumbed for, but without the W/D. My wife finally got her wish and had a Splendide XC installed. I wouldn't be without one now, so much less hassle than hauling laundry back and forth, and sitting in a hot, noisy, and mostly uncomfortable plastic chair waiting to change loads! Now I can knock back a tall cool one while chatting with the neighbors about their yarn purchases..... Yes, you do need a daily regimen to keep up with the hamper loads, but the time is well worth it!
"Time is Nature's way of not letting everything happen at once."
2015 Itasca Meridian 40R
2010 Escape
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #25
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Surprised so many are saying yes to this?

It holds 1 pair of jeans, or 1 towel, or 2 pairs of underwear and accompanying socks.
Wash cycle takes 40 minutes, dry takes 2 hours (underwear) or 3 hours (jeans or towel)

And anything you dry in that thing will come out compressed into a solid wrinkled ball.
This is completely wrong...sorry but ours rock
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #26
a k
Newmar Owners Club
They all have a bad vibration(balance problems) . If you want to check to make sure the 4 shipping bolts have been removed, open the door and yank on the drum. If it slops around, there out.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #27
Winnebago Owners Club
Love mine, can do several loads a day if I want to. I always use express which makes the wash time about 20 mins and I use 50 mins dry time for heavy loads.
Downsized Winnebago C, 24 V /08 Saturn Vue/2014 Town and Country Van/03 Goldwing (Big Red)Recently triked Roadsmith kit
Beabop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #28
Vegasdan-it was plumbed directly into the dump drain outlet past the tank valves

RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote