Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #99

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Just a stupid Question on the Bath and a Half - Do these models come with more fresh water and Black water capacities - Say 1.5 times normal - as it would just be logical to assume you might need more Capacity, as you have more Flushers. - -
For the 2020 Newmar Bay Stars the bath and a halfs have 92gal black tanks where the single bath models have 40gal. I assume the same holds true for other MHs manufacturers but have looked.

Both single & bath and a half Bay Stars have 75gal fresh water tanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #100
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMichHunte View Post
For the 2020 Newmar Bay Stars the bath and a halfs have 92gal black tanks where the single bath models have 40gal. I assume the same holds true for other MHs manufacturers but have looked.

Both single & bath and a half Bay Stars have 75gal fresh water tanks.
Our bath and a half has 52 black, 52 gray and 82 fresh. I'd be very happy with a larger gray while leaving the black alone. The two of us can go five days on black but gray is way less.

The two bath version has 84, 84 and 82 respectively with two black and two gray.

Ray
Old 10-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #101

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ray
We're of the same mindset. We sure wish we had a little larger gray than 52 gal.
Black capacity is usually not an issue for us.
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #102

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Our bath and a half has 52 black, 52 gray and 82 fresh. I'd be very happy with a larger gray while leaving the black alone. The two of us can go five days on black but gray is way less.

The two bath version has 84, 84 and 82 respectively with two black and two gray.

Ray
I wish the fresh was bigger, it’s 75gal & the gray is 60gal, so they seemed to be sized accordingly.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #103
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddpearl View Post
Hi Ray
We're of the same mindset. We sure wish we had a little larger gray than 52 gal.
Black capacity is usually not an issue for us.
Yeah, a gray tank of 82 gallons like the fresh water tank would go a long way especially with the washer/dryer. I don't like to leave the gray valve open (had sewer flies at work) but the washer/dryer uses 15 gallons each time. Additionally, if the weather is near freezing you're not supposed to turn the tank heaters on unless there is fluid in all tanks.

Ray
Old 10-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #104

Yes on W/D

When we bought our first MH (a used 2008 Winnebago Tour) it had a combo W/D already and didn't know if we would use it. We just bought our second MH (Newmar Ventana 3709) - one of the few must haves when selecting what to buy was a W/D - in this case separate units
ggventana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #105

Washer and dryer are a must for us since we spend over half the year in our coach. Why would I go to the laundromat if I have a washer and dryer onboard? Half bath is a nice convenience.
mikena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #106

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberskier View Post
If you intend to spend several weeks or months in THE RV, a washer and dryer is a definite plus. When we spent three months in the coach, in the same spot...I used the washer/dryer combination a few times each week. I believe the unit was new when the coach was built. It went crazy this summer...away for a bit over a week and decided to get a little wash done while DH was working on a separate issue...I would do a small load of wash. The Combo will only do a small load. That said the darned thing became possessed!. Itwwas filling, and filling instead of actually starting the wash. After quite a long time...still not actually washing. Since the window appeared to look "normal" ...no obvious water line, I tried to open it to see if I could figure out what was going on....long story short...these washer, dryer combos ared supposed to be designed to be completely impossible to open after it starts, (that was true when we were spending several months in the coach)...since no apparent waterline was visible, I tried to open the dang door. Shockingly, it opened and a flood of water began to escape. Even though it has a pretty small wash tub, you would be surprised to see just how much water was able to come out before I could get it closed again. Well, I knew I had to empty it another way, so I pushed the Rialto spin, spun most of the water out. It refilled again to about half way up the glass window...obviously not a time to even think about opening the door. Moved the dial back again to spin...it emptied again. In the meantime a trip to the laundromat was not looking all that problematic. EXCEPTeven when the switch on the washer was in the off position, it began filling a third time. Next I tried turning turning the dial to spin and turning the washer switch to off...it started filling one more time. Final time running the spin cycle...after finding the panel that allows shut off for each individual water using gadget..
Sink,s toilet and washer...single switches for hot and/or cold for each "thing"

We threw the breaker, shut off was not on the panel...no way to turn water off behind the washer...whose only access is behind a panel inside the closet, DH finally went to the panel and turned water off to the washer. Since we are only going to be in the coach now for only a week to ten days, now that our Winters are spent in a Park Model in the desert, instead of in the RV...I can easily pack enough clothing to not require washing. We will not replace the possessed washer, or spend the money to try to repair it.

When wwere Raving for months at a time, in the same spot, I loved having the ability to do laundry without having to haul it to a laundromat, even one right in our park.
But after that failure...and flood, requiring a trip to the laundromat, for even more soggy, wet clothes due to the required mopping up from the flood..we will not be repairing or replacing said machine. I do not need that headache again. Our rig is not even close to new....2002 Monaco Windsor that I do love...and do not plan on updating any time soon, if at all. We will just get extra storage space in that corner, and skip the ease and comfort of doing my laundry in the coach...and bring it all home instead.

This is what bothers me about all front loading washers.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote