Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #57

W/D or not.

We use our washer/dryer weekly. We don't worried about keeping camping clothes clean and water/electric is included in cost of campsite...Comforts of home, pure and simple.
Hwy Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes on both. Don't leave home without them.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have friends that can't imagine going without a W/D, stacked or otherwise. We opted not to keep either in our first two coaches. We always found coin-op laundromats to be much faster (cheaper?) and a great way to meet fellow travelers.

But now that we've downsized, it's a non-issue.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #60

Just another something that can leak
Usarmyxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #61

I don’t really mind using the campground laundry but sometimes it’s hard to get a machine. Then I end up checking and checking until one is available. Have to load everything up and drive to it, then reload and drive back. I love my stacked units. My second choice would be the vented combo unit.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:19 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Stacked W/D is a must for us. No interest in bath and a half, takes up to much space. That said, be sure to get whatever floor plan appeals to you. Good luck shopping.

I keep searching for space in our 36' to put a W/D. I haven't found it yet but if we ever trade up, I'll definitely have a stacker! I do laundry twice a week at home and hate having dirty clothes hanging around!! Maybe DH would consider giving up the bathroom sink??
Old 10-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
We use our washer/dyer every day we are hooked up to 50amp service
robertkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Wink Yes to Stacked Washer/Dryer, Yes to Half Bath

We went without the Washer/Dryer in our first motorhome. When we traded in 2013 the new one already had a set. DW says we will NEVER be without a set again. I love the half bath because it's MINE!
janelewbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #65

"We also use the Splendide as the clothes hamper. When it gets half-full we run it."
That's actually brilliant... Thanks for sharing!
JohnLoves2Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
buy either separate units preinstalled or a coach that is ready for you to install

Our first RV, a new B+, didn't have a washer/dryer or room for it. We used local laundromats. Advantage: laundromats are everywhere. Disadvantage: commercial washers don't play nice with your clothes. Result: We swore that our next RV would have a washer and dryer.

Our second RV, a used Bounder, included a combination washer/dryer. Advantage: it came installed. Disadvantages: you can run just two small loads a day, your clothes never really get dry, multiple repairs. Result: We would never use a combo unit again.

Our current RV, an Anthem, included a separate Whirlpool washer and dryer. Advantages: larger loads, decent wash quality, excellent dryer, fast loads. Disadvantages: constant washer repairs, Whirlpool won't let their factory authorized techs enter an RV to work on Whirlpool products and advise that the product must be removed from the RV before they will look at it. (Some techs don't follow this rule but from our experience most do). Result: after spending around $700 to keep the washer running we replaced it with an Electrolux small washer and it works as well as any washer I have owned.

As an alternative buy a coach that is prewired and plumbed for a separate washer and dryer. This gives you the advantage if installing the brand(s) and model(s) you want and installation is easy. Your machine cost will be lower as well and, since there are no machines to haul away, you won't need a tech to help you.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #67

I say yes to both......mama says " My New Best Friends."
Old 10-13-2019, 07:58 PM   #68

Having a Washer/Dryer was on the "must have" list when I was shopping. I lucked out on the RV I bought, it has separate washer and dryer! I spent too much time in laundry mats.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #69

We have both,

Bath and a half was wife’s requirement when looking for full time motorhome.

Washer and dryer as separate units is the way to go as opposed to all in one unit. Had both and did not like the all in one unit. At any rate, use the washer and dryer all the time.

David
17 Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #70

Will never be without them again

We just returned from two weeks on the road and we arrived home with no dirty laundry. Every couple of nights we’d throw in a load while watching tv. The last night on the road we did sheets and towels again so we’d be ready to go next time. Even on our weekend getaways we use the dryer to dry our towels after we shower in the morning. You’ll be happy you have them.
ronyrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote