Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 10:06 AM   #1

Washer/Dryer Relocation

We recently swapped a 15-year-old Splendide vented combo for a new Dometic ventless washer/dryer. As a lead-in to some floorpan remodeling, I'm thinking about moving the washer/dryer, currently located curbside, just forward of the bedroom, to the rear curbside corner. The drain into the gray tank, which is above the frame rails, is currently in the water heater cabinet, directly below the washer/dryer. Because of the raised floor above the engine, the washer/dryer will be at least 24" above floor level.

For those of you who have rear-corner laundry, where are your supply and drain pipes? Our MH currently has only an overhead cabinet on the wall between the current location and the proposed location. I see other floorpans with cabinetry along the wall in between. Do the pipes just run through the back of the cabinet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coachrear.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	101577  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Is your floor plan the new location or the original one? The floor plan looks like the W/D would be right over or just behind the rear wheels, a good location. To move it to the very rear would increase distance between axle and increase it's movement and weight effect of the appliance. Your questions seem to be focused on plumbing, but the transfer of weight to the far back of the chassis is also a factor to consider.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #3

I would be moving 165 pounds from just forward the axle centerline to the rear corner. I suppose that deserves some consideration. That rear corner, though, is an optional (many times the only) location for the factory installation on many motorhomes.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Old 07-31-2015, 09:04 AM   #4

On mine the water lines & drain line run under a piece of trim that the curb side bedroom slide buts up against when it is extended. That slide houses drawers & TV.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Mine runs along the sidewall (passenger side) and then crosses over to the gray tank about 1/3 of the way forward. They lay along the floor, behind and underneath a row of drawers on that side. I'm sure the routing of the plumbing is highly model and floor plan dependent, though. You need a standard washer stand pipe with a P-trap at the bottom, and then can run the 1.5" waste line to the tank in any convenient way, as long as it's not uphill. The waste line needs venting to the roof too, but the venting you already have in your gray tank & lines may be sufficient. Hard to tell without the plumbing schematic for your RV.

Lot's of luck with that ventless dryer - I have seldom heard of anybody who was satisfied with them. They use a lot for cold water in the drying process (it uses a water condensing process) and still dries slowly.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #6

Washer/Dryer Relocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Lot's of luck with that ventless dryer - I have seldom heard of anybody who was satisfied with them. They use a lot for cold water in the drying process (it uses a water condensing process) and still dries slowly.
Mine is the new Dometic. They advertise that it uses no water at all during the drying cycle, and I'm nearly certain that we have dried a few loads with the water turned off. It does take a while to dry, 3-4 hours, but the clothes really are ready to fold (even jeans) when the cycle is complete. We washed all of the clothes, bedding, bath and beach towels, and kitchen towels for a family of four for 16 days. Zero laundromat visits. We ran it while parked and while driving. If our experience is any indicator, Dometic will sell a lot of them. We are very happy with it. The 15-year-old vented Splendide is gathering dust in the garage, ready for anyone who will haul it away.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B

Tags
cat