Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I use Rejex on the front of the MH to make the bugs super-easy to remove! When we get to a CG, I hook up the general-use water hose and clean the bugs off the front. I have never had a CG complain about me using the water, even though they have a policy against washing RVs in the CG.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:30 AM   #16

I have a nice extending car wash brush that I think I bought at SAMS Club. I hook this to the RVs exterior faucet in wet bay and use the RV tank water with a little spray bottle of diluted car wash soap to clean the front or any where on the RV.

Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I use Wash Wax All for the coach. There is a great article in the June 2015 edition of Motorhome magazine on the Wash Wax All products. I can clean my 40 foot DP in about 3 hours without climbing a ladder. The aforementioned article was on cleaning the fiberglass roof. This stuff is a Boeing Aircraft Company spec product for use on high end aircraft. Go to www.washwax.com
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #18

I was recently shown a weird but effective method to get the bugs off: use a dampened dryer sheet, then rinse off with water. It worked well for both glass and paint. Don't know why...
Old 05-29-2015, 03:18 PM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
I use this stuff called Anti Monkey Butt Powder. It works great but don't use it on the window! Use it on you because after cleaning that giant windshield you will be hot and sweaty.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #20

American Coach Owners Club
The wash wax or any "dry" wash system interests me......but I just can't understand how starting to rub with a mop or cloth, with the dirt still on the surface would not be abrasive?
If they do work good, it would be easy to keep a sort of progressive cleaning of your MH going, doing one small section every week or so. And work your way around the coach, if you did not want to spend many hours washing it all at once��
Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
I was recently shown a weird but effective method to get the bugs off: use a dampened dryer sheet, then rinse off with water. It worked well for both glass and paint. Don't know why...
Specifically "Bounce branded" dryer sheets work best. I have been using this method for years on fifth wheels and my Class A and it works wonders.

Interestingly, my Dear Wife (DW) stopped using dryer sheets about the same time I told her they worked great on getting bugs off - something about "what the "he$$ is in them?"

Brian
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #22
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I recently tried Rejex after reading so much about it on here. I'm skeptical of most discussion forum fads, but I will say that this product made a distinct difference in the effort required to remove bugs from the front end. Bug carnage didn't leap off the front cap, nor did it simply rinse off in all cases, but overall it is a much easier and quicker process to get the front cap back to garaged condition. Caveat: I haven't experienced FL love bugs yet.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Specifically "Bounce branded" dryer sheets work best. I have been using this method for years on fifth wheels and my Class A and it works wonders.

Interestingly, my Dear Wife (DW) stopped using dryer sheets about the same time I told her they worked great on getting bugs off - something about "what the "he$$ is in them?"

Brian
best thing about the dryer sheets...the RV smells like fresh linen on a cool summer day.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #24

I use the washwax.com system and it works great!
John219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #25

Another vote for rejex. I learned about this product on a corvette forum. Once you get it clean apply this and cleaning becomes much easier.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I recently tried Rejex after reading so much about it on here. I'm skeptical of most discussion forum fads, but I will say that this product made a distinct difference in the effort required to remove bugs from the front end. Bug carnage didn't leap off the front cap, nor did it simply rinse off in all cases, but overall it is a much easier and quicker process to get the front cap back to garaged condition. Caveat: I haven't experienced FL love bugs yet.

When you get into the Lovebug areas you will REALLY appreciate the Rejex!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
I keep a gallon of windshield washer fluid, a brand that states it removes bugs, and use a little in a bucket with a sponge and scrubber. Be careful of the kitchen type scrubby pads. They will scratch the glass. I learned the hard way!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #28

I'll toss in Mr Clean Magic Eraser for getting the bugs of windshields. Then final cleaning with Windex or Stoners products. Followed by a quick once over with Nano Spray wax. (Eagle One, and Maquiers - I've used them both, and both work well.) I find the nano wax on the windows, really cuts down on dust build up, and when in the rain, water sheds much quicker and can reduce the amount of wiper usage. Also had good luck with Zaino ZCS.

For the old beat up 3M shield (Previous owner must of had a detailer who did not know better. It was buffed out, and it loss the outside harder shield. Will have removed someday soon.) I also use Magic Eraser to get rid of the bugs..

Cap is waxed often, and so far have had good luck removing grime and bugs with just the touch up detailer.

Best to all,
Smitty

Tags
front cap