Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Way way past my bedtime !! Blue beacon easier!
And they use high alkaline solutions which strip the wax and damage the finish over time.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
And they use high alkaline solutions which strip the wax and damage the finish over time.
When I traded my last one in it had been washed probably 25 or 30 times at Blue Beacon. Dealer said it was in the nicest shape of any that he had traded for. Everyone to their own. I like the job I get at Blue Beacon.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_public View Post
Hi. I don't have an RV yet (we're looking now for when I retire early next year), but I've been detailing my cars for the last 10 years. ("Detailing" is far more intensive than just washing and waxing.) I still have LOTS to learn about RVs, but perhaps I can add value about paint cleaning and maintenance. (I'm an detailing enthusiast, not a pro detailer.)

I'm just wondering what is the best (easiest and safest) way to get to the top of the RV on all sides for all of this polishing and waxing. Mike was working on the door while standing on the ground.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillbilly View Post
I personally wash my motorhome after each trip and wax it twice a year including the roof. I wouldn't trust anyone else. I guess that's why it looks as good now as the day I bought it. I have seen some of the mobile services wash motorhomes and don't think they are that careful, especially on the roof. I actually watched a guy strip the decals completely off a motorhome with a pressure washer. I don't trust the truck washes either. It's not that hard to wash your home yourself, just a little tiring and time consuming. I usually take a couple of days to wash it and sometimes three days to wax it. I keep it covered between trips.
How do you reach the top part of the coach to wax and to dry and do you use polish that they are talking about or just:
1. wash
2. dry
3. wax apply
4. wax remove?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #19

You can go to truck stop most pilot truck stops will have one close by. also go on line and look it up where they are located. it will cost you around 40 dollars.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use the wash wax all microfiber "mop". Works great for reaching the top and goes on and off very easy...
Al

http://www.washwax.com
Old 11-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #21

Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies
Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #22

Washing

There are always great posts on here when the subject of washing comes up

I didn't see anyone mention Lambswool pads as the preferred pad for washing. We carry a hydrotek spot free rinse pressure washer with us and it leaves a spot free rinse ( It's just a deionizer) we squeegee the coach dry. Apparently not all microfiber cloths are created equal, When we were at the Newmar factory last month, they were switching away from the MF cloths they had been using as they were leaving scratches in the clearcoat, they gave us some of the new ones and the tag says Microtex- Microfiber solutions.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #23

I always wash my own camper too. I quess its a passion thing. I found a product a few years ago that has been perfect for me. ProSol Bugs R Gone. The reason I like it so much is because it loosens the bugs, dirt, grime, grease, mold and other junk just by spraying it on and letting it do the work. Then I take a hose attached to a long handled brush and lightly brush it while I am rinsing off. I squeage and I am done. It works faster than I have ever experienced with any other product before. When I am on the road. I use a pump up sprayer to apply the it and a bucket of water with my brush to wash and rinse. Don't let the name fool you, it works very well cleaing all areas. But I have to admit it really shines on removing bug splatter. I find what works for you.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not as "seasoned" as some of the fine folks on this forum.. but I agree that it's best to wash it yourself for many reasons, including the fact that you will be forced to visually inspect every square inch of your RV. Case-in-point, I washed my (new in Sept) RV recently and discovered that one of the lights was full of water. The light still worked (miraculously) so I may not have noticed for quite some time if I was going to Blue Beacon all this time. Lots of opinions about products out there so I won't add my 2 cents. But I wash mine after nearly every trip, and I wax it 2x per year.

(BTW--I also don't like the idea of power washing an RV.. too much risk. So I'd certainly never allow someone else to blast my baby with high-pressure water and air.)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #25

My question is Challenger RN why did you repeat his whole article? Did'nt you think you could refer someone to it? Whizzer60, You rent scaffolding or build your own I guess. Camping World does a good job. Any truck wash will wash it by hand if you request. I had a Peterbilt with Gold Metal flake clear coat over Burgundy and they would hand wash it on request. You can use shampoo and wash, rinse, repeat, wash, rinse, repeat.................
Old 03-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #26

http://www.graniteind.com/images/Sna...y_Scaffold.jpg
This is what I use to reach the top of my 13' high coach.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
When I traded my last one in it had been washed probably 25 or 30 times at Blue Beacon. Dealer said it was in the nicest shape of any that he had traded for. Everyone to their own. I like the job I get at Blue Beacon.
. X2 you can't beat Blue Beacon and their everywhere
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passin Thru View Post
My question is Challenger RN why did you repeat his whole article? Did'nt you think you could refer someone to it? Whizzer60, You rent scaffolding or build your own I guess. Camping World does a good job. Any truck wash will wash it by hand if you request. I had a Peterbilt with Gold Metal flake clear coat over Burgundy and they would hand wash it on request. You can use shampoo and wash, rinse, repeat, wash, rinse, repeat.................
Don't have a clue what you are talking about passin thru. Looks like it is something I said last August. Let me tell you I have problems with yesterday. Let alone 8 month ago.

Rissell