Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am curious. What is the name of the product the poster used on his wifes beetle. A sealant that you just spray on while the vehicle is wet and then rinse off would be a lot easier to wax/ seal my rv in my opinion.

To get up to the top of my RV I use my 40 foot off pavement drive scissor lift. Although to be honest in the retracted position it is still tall enough to reach the top from it. But is nice to take all of my stuff up on the lift then when I finish an area just drive it further on down the side of the RV.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #30

You can spray on ZEP Commercial Floor finisn but it's touchy unless you know how to spray pain. It will run and leave raised streaks if not done right but can look great.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Personally I wash and wax ours at the S&B currently until Full timing then clean as necessary on the road, yes on the Rejex.
I stop at a self service wash place's were you pull into the bay and get out and use the wand (No cleaners,prespray or there soap). I use my own, Don't use there brushes either , just picture the guy/gal ahead of you and has a rust bucket and uses the brush or the one that just got done 4 wheeling in the mudd. I only use there water. Their all along the highways, make it a lunch stop you clean the wifie can make lunch or vysa-versa. Works for us anyway.
Going to be Full timing by next winter, ? do most Parks/CGs allow you to wax your MH at your site? I suppose you could do that while Boon-docking somewhere? I plan on bring my big Buffer along and buff her out Once in awhile while boon-docking doses anyone else do that?
Thanks, tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
If you have clear coat paint, you might want to consider a product that requires only a wet rag and a dry rag to wash most dirt off the rig and restore its shine. Also no wax required or even recommended.

Heavy accumulations of dirt on the surface would still need to be flooded off the surface first. But use no soap during the wash as it will remove the product.

So, pull into your next spot, get a wet towel and a dry towel and walk around your rig washing and wiping. Scratches will not appear.

I do not sell Dri-Wash but you can buy it on the internet from many vendors. Also, their patent has expired so there are knock-off products out there now.

We apply it two times during the year. Our 38' requires about 15oz per year and about 5 hours per application. The cost will be about $20 per year.

We used the product for 4yrs on a 40' boat and for the past 12 yrs on our MH.
I do not use it on our cars as the commercial car wash soap will remove the product.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #33

I won't let anyone use a pressure washer on the roof. Only bad things can happen (roof leaks). I wash the roof twice a year w/ the soft wash brush and use Dawn detergent.
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #34

In this month issue of Motorhome magazine many folks mentioned they wash their coach at truck stops....many of you have recommended against it.
Lets refresh this topic to elaborate more. It sure is handy to pull in one when on the road.

Itasca Meridian 36M, 2013. Jeep Wrangler X, 2009
Full Timer from Norfolk VA
Old 11-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
. X2 you can't beat Blue Beacon and their everywhere

In the last 5-6 years of my 13 yr old former coach's life it was washed exclusively by Blue Beacon and I was pleased. The new owner of my old coach was very hung up on how beautiful the exterior was. I won't be taking my new one to BB any time soon as I started to enjoy washing it myself again. Down the road I likely will.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #36

I keep my MH at a storage facility where I don't have access to a water hose. I try to keep some water in the fresh water tank so that I can use a bucket and brush to wash the MH. I have occasionally washed at a campground, but I have always been nervous about this being allowed. What is the correct etiquette at campgrounds? Is it more permissible to use just a bucket instead of a hose?
Old 11-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
The last four rv's have all visited Blue Beacon....
I pride myself on not having washed a car/SUV/Jeep/RV in the last ten years at least

About once a year I also hire someone to do a thorough wax on it ...

looks purty shiny to us (for a 5-6 year old coach)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	230.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	111691  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
If you have clear coat paint, you might want to consider a product that requires only a wet rag and a dry rag to wash most dirt off the rig and restore its shine. Also no wax required or even recommended.

Heavy accumulations of dirt on the surface would still need to be flooded off the surface first. But use no soap during the wash as it will remove the product.

So, pull into your next spot, get a wet towel and a dry towel and walk around your rig washing and wiping. Scratches will not appear.

I do not sell Dri-Wash but you can buy it on the internet from many vendors. Also, their patent has expired so there are knock-off products out there now.

We apply it two times during the year. Our 38' requires about 15oz per year and about 5 hours per application. The cost will be about $20 per year.

We used the product for 4yrs on a 40' boat and for the past 12 yrs on our MH.
I do not use it on our cars as the commercial car wash soap will remove the product.
X2. If the coach has a decent wax job on it, the top 4 or 5 feet, never seems to get that dirty anyhow. I agree with the above,,, get some quick detailer and walk around and clean her up,,, it's not rocket science.
Peteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Way way past my bedtime !! Blue beacon easier!
They will do a complete hand wash if you request one. The Blue Beacon website has a specific RV/motorhome section.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I used Blue Beacon on my last RV once and some of the markings on the door were washed off. Otherwise I thought they did a good job. However I then read in the manual to avoid commercial truck washes. In my Itasca Sunova manual it is clear and it is probably in the Meridian manual as it is most likely the same brand paint:

Washing
• Commercial vehicle wash facilities should be strictly avoided! They will scratch your RV! Truck-style wash centers have high pressure wands that emit higher than necessary water pressures and the brushes are very aggressive. Most truck wash brushes are made from a heavy plastic for durability and are under heavy pressure. They are designed to clean heavy road films on semi trailers and are often dirty. They are not designed for custom painted RV’s and they will scratch the clear coat finish. Many times these scratches can penetrate the clear coat finish, possibly causing delamination and/or other paint related issues that are not covered under warranty.

A friend of mine who travels in the winter months said that at several campgrounds they had a people that came around for a fee to wash motor homes. They were self contained and brought their own water with them. While in Florida in March he was at a park that allowed you to wash your coach which he attempted to do and fell from the ladder and ended up with a compound fracture of his lower leg. Which of course got infected, healed up, got re-infected, had the screws removed and is currently on antibiotics from the March incident. So I'm not advocating you clean it yourself but that is an option if you find a park that allows it.

There has been other forum discussions about waterless cleaners which some people have been talking up. That might be an alternative but there are still the same risks as washing it with water yourself. Camping World offers RV washing and most RV dealerships have people or bring in people who detail the motor homes that they sell. Perhaps if your in a campground for a few days the campground would know of someone or a phone call to a nearby dealership could locate a local company that just washes RV's. Many times you will see on the border of the campground map ads for nearby rv repair people, dealerships and people washing motor homes along with restaurants, etc.

There is always somebody that washes cars and would give you a price for washing an motor home. It may cost you a few dollars but Blue Beacon isn't that cheap either.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #41

Blue Beacon is great. 4 years, no issues.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
just here to learn.

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote