Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
BLT

Hello to all experinced RV'ers
I have noticed on some newer motorhomes
there is a SINK in the bedroom.. I don't get it, to me that is a total waste of space when there is already a sink in the bathroom.. For the life of me I can't see one thing useful having this sink in there.. Maybe if I had kids, I don't know!!
I could like this Coach very much, but the sink would be a deal breaker for me.. My Motto is "if you are not going use it then why have it".. Would like to here your thoughts on this. Maybe being inexperince an all I'm missing something.. Bruce

BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
BLT

Hello to all experinced RV'ers
I have noticed on some newer motorhomes
there is a SINK in the bedroom.. I don't get it, to me that is a total waste of space when there is already a sink in the bathroom.. For the life of me I can't see one thing useful having this sink in there.. Maybe if I had kids, I don't know!!
I could like this Coach very much, but the sink would be a deal breaker for me.. My Motto is "if you are not going use it then why have it".. Would like to here your thoughts on this. Maybe being inexperince an all I'm missing something.. Bruce

BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
My coach has a sink in w/the toilet and one next to the shower. I have a family of four. I didn't want the second sink because I couldn't see the use.

However, it has come in handy w/the kids. It also has functioned like a double sink set-up in the master bath in a house. i.e. everyone can get ready in the a.m. together vs. the waiting line.

We could definitely do without it but, it is a nice convenience.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I also have a split bath and two sinks. I like two sinks and will try to always have two. Whether it is just the wife and me or all the family, two sinks has been very handy and well worth any extra cost. Two sinks minimizes wait and or doubling up when getting ready. In addition, my toiletries can be stored at one sink and the wife's at the other. Two sinks come with more storage space.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I was one who said 1 sink is enough so when we bought our motorhome several years we wanted a open bath floorplan with the sink area in the larger part of the bathroom rather than in the toilet room......

....but....

After we saw the new models at this year's RV show with a separate sinks in the bedroom, we think they would be perfect for us. With a family of 5, there's often times that the second sink out of the bath area would be useful.

I guess that's why the manufacturers make lots of models

I think
Old 02-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #6

We have two sinks and for us they work great. When we travel
we take my 90 year old Mom as we are her caretakers and if
she can't go we can't go. The sink in the bedroom is just
right for her to put her toothpaste and personel things to
start the day and let her have the privacey while we can use
the bathroom wash up and not bother her. Different strokes
for different folks but sometimes they do work for a family.
I helps us enjoy the road and lets us have some fun.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #7

BLT
To each its own. I would not want another MH without two BR sinks. We have a bath and 1/2 in our 37 foot MH and love it. One for her and one for me although she gets on me to keep it clean, I can keep all my "stuff" in my bathroom. When the kids tags along, I have to give up "my bathroom". Since we have two baths, we have 2 gray and 2 black tanks, nice for dry camping. s/Toby
Old 02-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After we saw the new models at this year's RV show with a separate sinks in the bedroom, we think they would be perfect for us. With a family of 5, there's often times that the second sink out of the bath area would be useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe:

sounds like a guy who wants to trade up?????
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

I ordered my former Winnebago 40KD with the optional bedroom sink as there were two adults and one ten year old daughter in the coach...Would NEVER want another coach without the second sink.
My signature coach has a half bath in the hallway,where there's a sink and a toilet and then another full bath in the rear of the coach.
Even without children,the two sinks can facilitate you and your significant other getting ready twice as fast...

Joe-K.....you're spending a LOT of time looking again, are you sneaking into a new rig?

Gary, you and Julia better get busy with that rig shopping as well!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 AM   #10

Bruce,my thoughts are like yours,just a waste of space. We're fulltimers so whats the hurry if I've got to wait on the wife. I'm always looking for extra space in out motorhome and I've found a lot of it that the builders missed. Adding shelves and making doors to get into empty places that they've just blocked off.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

We really like having two sinks. When we looked at the 42QDP Allegro Bus in 2006 it had the second sink in the bedroom. In 2007 they came out with the 42QRP floorplan which has two sinks but they are all in the bath area (one is in the throne room) which keeps the carpeting cleaner in the bedroom.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ok, you guys caught me looking.

We did look pretty seriously at a couple rigs at the Pittsburgh RV show. One of the features we liked was that additional sink in the bedroom. Shelly and I both really liked the Tiffen Alegro Bus and Phaeton with the rear sink.

I just can't move away from the Winnebago sleeping arangement for the kids though. The rest easy is just too easy to use for the kids sleeping area. On top of that, I like Winnebago's product and support system.

Now that Horizon or Vectra 40KD with the sink in the bedroom would really fit my needs but not my wallet
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #13

I like having two sinks. Just like home. She has hers and I have mine.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Different strokes for different folks! Some like 2 sinks, some like the extra sitting area in the bedroom, some like 4 slides, some like none. It keeps it interesting and gives us all something to think and talk about!

Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote