Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2015, 07:28 AM   #29

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	113758

You do not have to cut your current waste fitting. I purchased an extension fitting, cut it and glued the cam lock. The waste master is a very good product. Buy it and be done with it.To buy cheap hoses that leak human waste makes no sense to me

srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2015, 04:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman52 View Post
Installed my drain master cam lock system 4+ years ago. Love it! Cam locks are used on commercial fuel tank trucks for a reason. Bayonet fittings are subject to leaking and even worse disconnection. Shades of the Robin Williams movie RV.

The extra valve at the end of the Drain Master hose is very useful. If one has a black tank plug. You can shut your black tank valve, raise up the extra valve end and fill up with water and close valve. Re-insert into drain, open black tank valve and then open the extra valve. The column of water in hose will usually loosen the plug in the black tank. Had to do this several times before I installed an additional Camco Tornado black tank flusher.

Rhino has heavy duty hose, has beefed up the bayonet connections as much as is possible, and is an OK solution.
I just received the WM system and it does look more quality than Rhino or the Dominator. I have both of them and the fittings did leak. I should have looked at the washer to replace but I really didn't like the system as sometime they are hard to separate as well.

Good tip on loosening a plug.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:50 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrobe View Post
Attachment 113758

You do not have to cut your current waste fitting. I purchased an extension fitting, cut it and glued the cam lock. The waste master is a very good product. Buy it and be done with it.To buy cheap hoses that leak human waste makes no sense to me
I agree on the negative aspect of cheep material. With that said the Rhino and Dominator are not cheep but outdated with their bayonet ends.

I did buy the WM coupling so I do not have to cut my existing fitting.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #32

Quote:
Attachment 113758

Hi Rich,
Where did you buy your extension fitting? I just received mine and the end that attaches to the RV has the nubs (male end). What I need is the female end.

Its my understanding most (if not all rv's) have the male end attached to the Rig, not sure why they sent me the one they did.

If I buy the one from Waste Master it appears I will also have to buy a female to female coupling.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #33

It is a Valterra 10" extension fitting. I got it from Camping World. I think it was around $10.[ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #34

Quote:
It is a Valterra 10" extension fitting. I got it from Camping World. I think it was around $10.[ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]
Thanks for your help, I'll check out Camping World
Old 12-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #35

One little point - Drain Master and Waste Master are the same company. My Patriot Thunder came with the Waste Master, and I've had a generally good experience. In my coach it is permanently installed, connected to the tanks on the passenger side and lying in a tray under the coach in front of the wheels, with that frame neschultz posted, plus the door (needed to keep the hose from falling out).

Problems I've had with it include - after 9 years it has some punctures and needs to be replaced, and I had an issue that wasn't the fault of the Waste Master, but it made it more difficult. I had a leaky valve, and some water got down into the hose, expanded in very cold weather, and pushed the hose head out of the side of the coach. Had to remove the nozzle, break up the ice, scatter it out of the hose, and put the nozzle back on all at - 10F.

If you are removing it each time you won't have that problem.

One thing to consider - you can't have the coach pumped out when using a Waste Master that is permanently installed, but in talking with their engineer he convinced me it is really a bad idea to let someone connect a vacuum to my tanks. He also told me of an experience where the operator on a vacuum truck pushed the exhaust rather than vacuum lever, with unfortunate results for the woman who was holding the toilet open to allow ventilation.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #36

I have a Sani-Con on my 2011 Newmar Ventana. I like it very much but it is slower to use than the slinky hose type. I am very anal on flushing my black tank and that is probably the reason it takes me longer with more flushes. We had one on when we bought the rig and had a slight leak on last Summer's big trip. We got it patched up in the field and then replaced the whole kit when we got back home. The new one is a bit noisier but otherwise I really like it. It seems a lot cleaner way to dump the tanks. You can leave the grey open at times as there is a bypass in the system for that.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonhiker View Post
I have a Sani-Con on my 2011 Newmar Ventana. I like it very much but it is slower to use than the slinky hose type. I am very anal on flushing my black tank and that is probably the reason it takes me longer with more flushes. We had one on when we bought the rig and had a slight leak on last Summer's big trip. We got it patched up in the field and then replaced the whole kit when we got back home. The new one is a bit noisier but otherwise I really like it. It seems a lot cleaner way to dump the tanks. You can leave the grey open at times as there is a bypass in the system for that.
I feel the same way about flushng and that is the reason I didn't get the Sani-Con.
Out of the rest of the slinkys I think the WM may be the most sanitary, only time will tell as I have not used it yet