Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Water leak

I have a 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K I have only been camping it it once and during the time I was camping we had a bad rain storm. The motor home leaked water, it was pooling on the floor between the living area and the bedroom, almost as if it was coming from the area where the sliding door was located. I found no water around the bedroom slide out. But next morning there was also a small pool of water that appeared to come from under the kitchen counter. I looked around the bedroom slide out and I noticed that the seal was tighter on the rear side. I took the motor home back to General in Dover, Fl. They called me and said they could not duplicate the leak problem and so nothing was done . Is it possible that maybe the storm was just blowing so hard that it forced water around the seal? I was hoping not to get another leaky bucket. I fought water leaks around the slide on the other motor home and never did get it fully repaired. Does everyone have these leaking problems?
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #2

darbyjudy-

I expect you'll get more helpful responses, but I'll ask if you have an ice maker in the refrigerator? All your plumbing and an ice maker, if any are on the passenger side.

I offer that because if a hose test can't recreate a leak, then it could be because it's not originating from outside the coach.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When the rain stopped and it stopped blowing the leak stopped. It had rained the day before and it never leaked but when we got the bad one when it ws blowing pretty hard then it leaked.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What do you do when they tell you they cannot find the leak. I think they tend to give up too soon. Being 82 I don't feel comfortable climbing on the top of a ladder or the top of the motor home anymore. If I was a younger man I would have been all over it by now. I know water can run in where you least expect it. Maybe I should have just not bought another one and gave it up.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #5

Last year I looked at 6 Bounder 35K's on a dealer's lot. Four had water in the area you are seeing it. REV has a bad habit of not sealing the clearance lights, and the water was coming in there, hitting the floor, and running back through the coach.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler, leak, water, water leak