Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Water Leak at bottom of entry door

2005 Expedition 38N Cat 300... We had some hard rain last couple of days. When I opened the door to the RV I noticed the carpet around the bottom entry step was wet for about 1" up the carpet all the way around the step. I removed the rubber cap on top of the bottom entry step and found the piece of wood was soaking wet. I am looking all around the bottom and sides of the door and I have not been able to locate a leak. I used a wet vac to pull water out of the carpet and floor wood. I worry that something could even be on the front cap or drip rail and somehow leaking as gravity pulls water down. If you have had a leak in this area I would appreciate your fixes...tks glen b

GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
I have had problems in the last few days... My solution was found when i check my level.... My rv had settled and I raised the jacks and tipped the rv away from the door and my leak went away... I also cleaned the gutters...
I hope your problem is that simple...
good luck

99 Beaver Monterey 36' 300hp Cat
99 VW Bug TDI diesel 5spd toad
06 VW Jetta TDI pk2 DSG
TDiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Be sure to check around the window for any water intrusion. You can remove inside door panel and water test or wait for the next good rain.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #4
I'm not sure this will help, but it reminds me of a similar leak I had in a camper door. Where the horizontal door piece met the two side pieces, water was getting into the camper and wetting the carpet. I sealed the inside corners with silicone, and the leak was fixed.
2004 Tiffin Allegro 27.5 ft. P32 18,000 lb GVW. 8.1 liter. Workhorse chassis built May 2002. 21,000 miles. 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad. RVi2 brake unit.
Full.Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would suspect something around the front cap. Do you have caulking around your clearance lights? Man, water leaks they can come from anywhere.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
I park my motorhome behind the house, plugged in, vent fans on to keep humidity down. One rainy day I closed it up tight but forgot to turn off the vent fans. The carpet around the sides of the entry steps was soaked by the next morning. Finally decided the bottom seal on the door wasn' all that good and that was the only way for air to enter with the fans pulling.

Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote

door, leak, water