Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Great news!

Are you going to put any face plate back in place? What are you doing to document the current piping configuration for future use in repair to trouble shooting that may come up?

Ted
Thanks Ted

I'm going to buy valve tags at Menards and tag/number all the valves and document how the system works. I will also clean up the bay and then spray it with bed liner. There will not be a face plate

We started a binder with all our upgrades.
Beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #86

Carolina Campers
Cool. I have followed this thread, with the thought that you were getting closer all along.

It is nice when a plan comes together. At least it looks far less cluttered than the original design, and possibly far more straight forward in being able to see what ogres where. At least that is what it looks like to me. It probably gives you more room in the bay.

I am just wondering if you may want to provide some type of bracing to the bibs, so that your pipes don't have a lot of pressure on them when connected to a hose, etc. Also, in the event someone else needs to hook up things, some type of labeling as to hooking up things may be advised.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Cool. I have followed this thread, with the thought that you were getting closer all along.

It is nice when a plan comes together. At least it looks far less cluttered than the original design, and possibly far more straight forward in being able to see what ogres where. At least that is what it looks like to me. It probably gives you more room in the bay.

I am just wondering if you may want to provide some type of bracing to the bibs, so that your pipes don't have a lot of pressure on them when connected to a hose, etc. Also, in the event someone else needs to hook up things, some type of labeling as to hooking up things may be advised.

Ted
You are right it is straight forward now. I will be doing some bracing for the bibs in the near future. I have them tight with plastic wire ties for the time being. I’m going to let it for a while and make sure there are no leaks or surprise. Once done I’ll laminate a “how to” sheet and mount it in the bay.
Beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #88

Carolina Campers
As it gets fairly cold in your neck of the woods, you may wand to consider some way to insulate and/or heat wrap the pipes as well if that bay is not already heated.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #89

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm glad you got it working to your satisfaction. All this because one valve was leaking! I rather liked the original configuration, from one panel of 5 clearly marked valves you had all the functions of the water system by following illustrated valve settings.

By the way, a spray bottle of bleach water loses it's effectiveness as a germ killer in short order. A solution of 1/2 teaspoon per gallon is adequate for disinfection, but it also is suggested it be tossed out at the end of the day.

I hope that if you tackle your electric service as a project, you don't start by cutting out the breaker panel and starting new!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am curious what you are going to do about winterizing. Do you have a means of bypassing your hot water heater when you winterize or are you just going to buy 6 + gallons of antifreeze.

When you use city water is your pump check valve still in place or does the water go from the city supply back through the pump to the tank ?

I also would recommend something to hold your fill hoses in place. If someone trips over a water hose you can be breaking all of your piping and have a mess when you are out somewhere and not able to take the time to fix it.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #91

The pump on my 2000 Santara is located below the closet in the bedroom over the general area the water manifold, remove the bottom panal next to the floor in the bedroom.
tom076 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak