Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
water leaking INTO toilet

Recently I have found my toilet bowl full of water a few hours after flushing. It started suddenly. WHY? How do I stop it?

samclaughin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
sounds like the valve is probably sticking and not stopping the water. You should disconnect the water hookup outside or turn off the water pump till you replace the valve or toilet.
2013 Thor ACE 29.2
Harlee79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had a similar problem. I replaced the valve. I don't think they are repairable. It was pretty easy to change, just turned off the water, disconnected two hoses and two screws holding it. I was afraid I would need to pull the whole toilet, but found with a little stretching I could save some extra work. I used the digital camera to get the model # off the tag in the back, and to access how to remove the valve.
06 Adventurer 38R

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to irv2. I once had that happen and a little Vaseline on the valve solved the problem. It was sticking.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Country Coach Owners Club
I removed the valve and found the stem dirty. I cleaned the stem and made sure it operated freely and reinstalled it. It last for about a year and I had it replaced along with all the guts of the flush system.
Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Do you have a separate sprayer for the toilet? Ours was doing the same thing and the hose for the sprayer was routed in such a way it got caught under the back side of the foot pedal preventing the pedal from completely shutting off the water flow. Rerouted the hose problem solved.
2012 Journey 40U (Our Incredible Journey)
2008 Dodge Dakota
2004 Subaru Baja
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Freightliner Owners Club
When our water valve failed, I plumbed in a ball valve shut off valve using "Shark Bite" fittings and used the valve to control water flow till we could get a replacement valve. As stated above, the valve, at least on ours, could be changed just by kneeling down and reaching behind the toilet - a quick and easy task.

'07 Winnebago Journey 34H, ISB-02, MH2500
Toad - '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue Ox, Aventa
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, water, water leak